Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Slot Machines [make some money!]

HELLO! Welcome to Toribash Slot Machines

This is an event that works much like a slot machine does. If any of you saw Nachouru's thread, that is where i got this idea from. Since the PromoTeam one is no longer up and working, but there still seemed to be a lot of excitement for this idea, i figured i'd make one myself to keep the excitement going. One major difference: instead of just being able to win 2x or 10x, all bets are now eligable to win any of:
2x
3x
4x
5x
6x
7x
8x
9x
10x!!!

Otherwise, it works just like the promoteam one, and i also guarantee fair bets. I use a method similar to nachouru's to determine the odds, using a random number generator, and neither bet size, nor number of bets have any impact on how the round turns out.

Rules and Procedures:

1. Send between 100 and 10,000 TC to the account "ToribashSlots"
2. Every day at Midnight GMT, i will run the bets on the program i constructed and post the winners in the thread, i will also send the winners posted the TC they won.
3. I ask that no one post false bids in the thread and not actually send TC.
4. Good Luck! I hope you enjoy bidding, and im sure many of you will earn many TC. as im sure you saw in Nacho's thread, the more people that partake in this, the more fun it is!!!
5. You may bet up to 3 times per run [every time i post the winners, you may bet another 3 times]. so 3x10k=okay but 6x5k=not okay. dont want people spamming.

Disclaimer: Although i will strive to run bets every day to the best of my ability, it might not always be at exactly Midnight GMT, especially on weekends. Don't worry though: even if you bid one day and god forbid, the bets dont get run, all bets will be in the next day's run. Also, as the betting program runs based on a random number generator, the number of winners will vary between rounds. If you take part in an unordinarily unlucky round, do not lose heart! it is completely random and you will most likely have better luck if you continue.

GOOD LUCK!!! :
Last edited by snowkiller; May 7, 2009 at 03:32 AM.
fr3styler
Textures may lose quality when resized

was not aware.

that makes sense.

alright so im changing the odds for this slot machine thing so that it pays out evenly in the long run and i keep no money.

problem solved
fr3styler
Random number generators are random. They WILL average to zero. So what if he gains a profit 3 days strait. If he keeps gaining for two weeks, then it's pretty clear something is not quite right.

That being said, this isn't official and thus the officials can't directly be responsible for anything snowkiller does. Participant discretion is advised.
Last edited by FNugget; May 7, 2009 at 04:31 AM.
Exactly. FNugget understands me. Although I see Megadoomers point that if they make a profit they use it on something else (donations, tourneys, etc).
BUTTCHOUDA
Originally Posted by FNugget View Post
I don't think you can do this. Blam said EVENT (not specifying lotteries and lotteries only), and this is an event. Also entrance fee/ticket/etc paid out as prizes. This fits under etc, since it covers everything.

Fnugget is right about the matter. Events are for the people who participate, not to give the host an opportunity to get rich fast. Blam's statement applies to this event, too.

To compare this with the texture market is like comparing apples with stones. The artists who create the textures have to work for their product, and create (mostly unique) things on their own with creative juices and knowhow of image editing programms - hard to compare to something that could be done by just rolling dice.

In addition to that, nachouru didnt make any profit of the slotmachine, none of the tc went into his pocket, or into the pockets of anybody else except the lucky winners.

Therefore, we require to change the odds of this slotmachine into a non-profit version, otherwise we will have to close this event.

Thanks for understanding.

edit: kind of ninja'd :/
alright, im kinda tired of this.

forget the event. im going to go on the other account and pay back anyone who bet for tomorrows draw. 5000 of the TC in the slot account i put in there to back in case the first round went higher than what went in, so that was mine originally. there are 6 or 7 people i need to pay back. im doing that now. i really dont have the time to deal with this if im not making a profit, im really busy with school and other more important things.

no hard feelings, everybody

go ahead and close this thread, and once im done paying people back you can delete the slots account if you really want to.

sorry if i disappointed anyone.
fr3styler