Ranking
Working on fixing the eyes since dengue brought it up. Will work on the mouth as well, but the hair is meant to do that.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
I like your style of texturing alot, i truly am a fan of this!
But did you try to NOT use the void lines from the eyes in the hair (not even a darker hair color?) Here an example of what i mean:

IMMMGGGG (look at her right eye, the hair covers it a bit, looks cool)

Also i would keep the eye colored void like that i know it sounds bizarre but i think it adds some uniquity to that.

I mean look at mangas, they have it aswell and i think it looks cool :P (still your wip so do whatever you feel like its just what i think about it)

img

Also to mention the obvious that has been mentioned before: Eyes too wide,
size is ok tho i like the way it is big :P fits the anime theme good
Last edited by Cobra; Mar 5, 2017 at 11:33 AM.
As I said in game, your kind words mean a lot to me.

With the hair and eye over lapping situation, i was wanting something similar to this:

But i couldn't get it right. I'm doing my best to better myself!
I've tried and done many ways about going with hair and eyes, but this was always my favorite to do. With the shading, that rubber colorful look has also been a close favorite to me as well.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Mar 5, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

Okay, so update to what I've done so far. Tried my best to do the hair. Changed it a lot to fit my likings.

Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Okay, so update to what I've done so far. Tried my best to do the hair. Changed it a lot to fit my likings.

Holy fuck the hair looks really fucking good

the eyes and mouth need too be slightly lowered and the eyes need to be ever so slightly closer but this shit makes me want to make some anime

100/10 if this were a person I'd smash
-----
Edit:

Ingame

Now that I see it in game, the eyes need to be much closer together and the mouth is fine were it is. very sexy.
Last edited by Veoo; Mar 6, 2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: im gay
seeing this I need to point out.

On every head you need to test mapping before coloring.
I suggest you to use GIMP to create spheres and adjust placement of the features of the face, back and top.
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
seeing this I need to point out.

On every head you need to test mapping before coloring.
I suggest you to use GIMP to create spheres and adjust placement of the features of the face, back and top.

Yeah I learned that the hard way this time, I will make sure to do that now, thank you.

Also, I've added a new wip. I did the best to make the eyes closer together, but not too close to where it bothered me personally. So I feel this is a decent spacing size.

new wip

in game

Still will be adding some things for the face and probably the back of the hair. Plus shading for under the hair on skin.

Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Yeah I learned that the hard way this time, I will make sure to do that now, thank you.

Also, I've added a new wip. I did the best to make the eyes closer together, but not too close to where it bothered me personally. So I feel this is a decent spacing size.

new wip

in game

Still will be adding some things for the face and probably the back of the hair. Plus shading for under the hair on skin.

Starting to look really good, I'd say it needs some harder shading where the hair ends at the face, the chin also needs some shading. Otherwise it kinda looks like it's just a long round chin.

Why do you have the darkest part of the shading of the hair on the bottom of the texture? That part is under the join and not visible, if you're going to put a darker color of shade on the hair you should move it up to where you can actually see it.

Good work so far tho, looking forward to the finished product!
I will be adding more to the back such as shading, as I said. I have it higher than previous, but I don't think it'd look the best if it were darker higher.

Also, will do something with that chin as you said.

hair in the middle goes too far down but other then that it is pretty good

also make sure to do shadows of the hair on the face with a darker skin color + I liked the eye color and shading before the edit more then it is now