Toribash
Original Post
AI in toribash
I'm really interested in the possibilities of creating a machine learning program for toribash

but toribash is such a complex game with so many hidden variables with that just comes natural to a human that a computer would have to convert into data and analyse that I'm unsure it could be done to the point at which the program could put up a reasonable fight to even an average (active) player.

the only way I could foresee it being able to be made at this point is if the AI could run all possible movements by it's opponent and itself and evaluate which would give the highest number of "winning" outcomes, still i don't know how you could define a winning frame without using variables that could potentially backfire.

but if it was possible running matches of AI vs AI to train it would hopefully create the hypothetical "best player" until it encounters a strategy it hasn't met, which it will then learn and once again regain it's title

Anyones thoughts on whether or not AI is possible within toribash or even toribash next would be much appreciated thanks
h