Ranking
Original Post
sorta re bettin & spectating.....
Would it be possible to update the betting side of public (unhosted) rooms, ie the 500Tc tourneys an such, so that /cancelbets if no counters, was automatic (like a chatbot?) & to set /maxrake so that the winning player gets some rake, with the house going to the chatbot to put into /decapprize /dismember prize ?

i think this would make ppl feel safer betting without someone with a @ + ~ % about.

and give the spectators (especially when u looking @ 10+ ppl in a tourney) something to do while waiting for their match, it would draw more attention to the Coool realtimeGhost an maybe even avoid so many AFK stuck tourneys..

it is so sad when u fight and wait fight and wait and then 2 ppl afk out, POP the tori's are frozen..... the tourney is Stuck...

re the other post in here about the 'pinging bet sink' - could that lost Tc be handed to the decapprize? (again possibly a chatbot could do this?)

i do realize that hackers luv things like chatbots, but i think if u ran the bot on the same server as the tourney is hosted, then security should be easy enough to manage?
(been yrs since i play'd with chatbots tho so my knowledge is old/obsolete. we were using chatbots to run trivia rooms an to manage our chat recording for security perposies we kept 12hr logs. but then we only had 1 public server an that was the 1990's.)
Signature Permissions no
First of all no one bets in public servers :I That's what public servers are for and also the + just means they paid for the game and % doesn't have commands like ops do
Good suggestion, must in every official room. But auto adding decapprize not needed. Also I think that option /cancelbetsifnotcounters must be default in client.
Supported.
Only reason I think the cancel bets thing won't come about is because they love sinking tc and say it's your own risk yadda yadda...

I do think it's a nice idea though for people interested, such as myself.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
For cancel bets
here is the defention of bets
risk a sum of money or valued item against someone else's
U are risking money Thats why it is called tc
what if u lost and there was a counter
it is the same as u lost and there is no counters
i dont know how to say this
u should try to understand what betting means
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
For cancel bets
here is the defention of bets
risk a sum of money or valued item against someone else's
U are risking money Thats why it is called tc
what if u lost and there was a counter
it is the same as u lost and there is no counters
i dont know how to say this
u should try to understand what betting means

i agree with the above when in a named Bets room, i prefer the imapirate style of betrooms myself, (its ur bet u risked it when u typed /bet take some responsibility)

but then im not suggesting we change that as a default.
I am suggesting we change the betting in the Public rooms, to encourage ppl to place bets, to get more an varied set of ppl in there. i am wanting more public room betting that is the main idea behind my suggestion.

o an re the TC sink comment above, betting only moves TC that is already in the economy, the TC that get lost in the 'no counter no win' bets would be much smaller than the House take if there was a Rake set and ppl betting. it would also be much easier to manage the amount of TC that was Sunk( or returned to hampa via the house) by changing the maxrake.
Signature Permissions no
Currently toribash has alot alot in circulation
People has alot of money
So we eneed to sink alot
They need us to sink more tc
INB4 14 days ban