ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
2 other Joint
Hey guys, I was thinking about create 2 other joint next to the shoulder like here:

to make the arm rotate in entire to be stop something like here:

and same to the down to get better counter, easier uppercut, make more realistic fight, parkour etc... etc... you know the song.
think about a counter like that:

with the fist turn up, or turn down for middle kick.

tell me if I'm wrong but I think it's a good Idea, like that ancient member get something new to discover, they are not in the obligation to use it, this is a useless joint to break but cool to use.
Btw I'm not a beginner, I'm serious
Originally Posted by MrOps View Post
Hey guys, I was thinking about create 2 other joint next to the shoulder like here:

to make the arm rotate in entire to be stop something like here:

and same to the down to get better counter, easier uppercut, make more realistic fight, parkour etc... etc... you know the song.
think about a counter like that:

with the fist turn up, or turn down for middle kick.

tell me if I'm wrong but I think it's a good Idea, like that ancient member get something new to discover, they are not in the obligation to use it, this is a useless joint to break but cool to use.
Btw I'm not a beginner, I'm serious

well this would effect a lot of things, one you have a useless joint to break, then your arm moves the same without it, what was the point of using in the first place? think for example how many joints you have in your arm, the circles represent the joints toribash is able to produce. excluding fingers we have a wrist elbow shoulder and then the pectorial bone along with your scapula which is pretty much all the pecs in toribash. how would one go about making things more realistic by adding more joints that a human doesnt even have? what im sure you where referring to was something to turn arms so things like overhand uppercuts are possible but that would be adding multiple different functions to the forearm and shoulder, which isnt as easy as it may seem, and in the long run would change toribash, and replays forever. realistic sparring is already possible by those who've taken the time to understand the way the tori's systematics work, but honestly Im not gonna say its something easy.
you cant bend the part that is inbetween your wrists and elbow in real life
~not supported

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The tori/ukes are just fine how they are. Why change them?
~Not Supported
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by kindlebob View Post
The tori/ukes are just fine how they are. Why change them?
~Not Supported

Idk, the tori is disproportionate to uke in the arms and also the legs i think. thats maybe something that could be changed, so Idk if i would say they are just A'ok but they dont need adjustments like extra joints, although it should be possible in the mod making script where you can change how other joints move. adding more motion or taking away somethings motion.
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
We don't know something would work out unless we try it... I wish suggestions like this were tested by GM's because all were doing is reading a a post somebody made then denying that post for various reasons without actually testing that suggestion.

GMs dont code or test ingame functions like this, not to mention Tori mechanics are pretty much finished, and changing them would only ruin a lot of core mechanics.

Sure you can add a new joint, or click the limb to rotate it, but the anatomy of the tori might have to be changed, and developers would have to work strenuously to get the idea implanted as a mechanic.

In no means is this a bad suggestion, its just that it wont work, tons of changes would happen, people would complain about how tori's move. Sure humans rotate their limbs, but Tori's have that unrealistic quality to them that makes it original. Why take that away to make a game more similar to real life? Most people like toribash as it is.
Last edited by TomWanks; Mar 10, 2014 at 06:09 AM.