ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
New Competitive Esport Rank System
This ranking system that I present hopes to bring Toribash to a new level of competitiveness, it aims to reward skilled players for fighting other skilled players. The current ranking system does not reward skilled players, instead it rewards those who farm worse players than themselves.

How does it work?
It works using the current elo system but instead it forces players to fight those stronger than them. Therefore only the best will be able to get to the highest rank.

For now the current ranking system can stay and this additional "Esports" rank can also be in place at the same time. This will allow the new ranking system to be beta tested over a period of time and if successful then the old rank system could be removed.

Separate "Esport" ranked lobby's should be programmed to auto change the mod after a period of time (24 or 48 hours). This is because the most skilled players can play in a variety of mods.

The mods for the lobby's should be decided on community input.
Here is a suggestion of mods that could be scripted to auto change:

Mon: Lenshu3ng.tbm
Tue: ErthTKv2.tbm
Wed: AikidoBigDojo.tbm
Thur: Boxshu.tbm
Fri: Greykido.tbm
Sat: Rk-MMA.tbm
Sun: Boxshu_Mushu_V2

Multiple servers should be set up and restricted based on the new "Esport" rank. In addition Tiers 4 - 5 would also have a 1,000 QI restriction. Tier 6 would have a 2,000 QI restriction and Tier 7 would have a 3,000 QI restriction. This would be to prevent alts and act as a motivation to play the game and gain enough QI for the lobbys.

Lobby tier 1: Rank 50,000 +
Lobby tier 2: Rank 35,000 - 50,000
Lobby tier 3: Rank 35,000 - 15,000
Lobby tier 4: Rank 15,000 - 5,000
Lobby tier 5: Rank 5,000 - 1,000
Lobby tier 6: Rank 1000 - 250
Lobby tier 7: Rank 250 - 1.

The new rank could be displayed in a way like :

The way this rank system is set up should not require to much effort to implement as it uses a lot of the settings that are already in the game.

Long Term Aim

If this ranking system was successful then it has a lot of potential for the future. The old ranking system could be totally removed if people think that is best.

For the long term, "Esport" ranks should be reset every month (Seasons*) therefore it is a battle each month to gain the #1 spot and this keeps it highly competitive. A reward system could be added for players who achieve certain ranks as well as achievements. Some of my ideas are that top 16 players would receive a special non-trade-able 3D item that would be different depending on what "Season" they won. TC or forces / laxes could be rewarded for getting to certain Tiers. E.g. Vampire force for getting to Tier 3.

Data could be collected and Nabi Studios could use information such as the top 16 players in each season to plan world championship spots.

Potentially players could click on other players names to find out information about there best previous season rankings or even a leader board could be added to the menu where players can view statistics about who is the best from what season etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please feel free to give feed back on this system, and point out any flaws and improvements that could be added.
Many suggestions and ideas have been posted for the rank system to be changed, because lets face it.... it's not the best at the moment. I have been playing other games recently and I came across a ranking system that may be able to be adopted by Toribash. How it basically works is, there are about 5-7 different ranks or tiers, they could be called by martial arts name such as apprentice, sensei, master, I don't know much about those things but you get my drift. So, you may only get or loose elo from someone in your own rank, then when you reach a certain amount, you will be promoted to the next rank, now you may only get elo or loose elo from players in that rank, this way, farming new players will not be a problem for the system. The higher your elo the more you loose to someone lower than you in the same rank or tier. This would need some polishing and stuff. Please developers, do something about the ranking system because it could actually make people want to play this game more other than just playing for TC. It would make Toribash a whole lot more competitive, and would give a more accurate level of skill or a certain player.

This system is very similar to the one suggested above. Resseting the ranks in seasons would be nice to keep it competitive.
Last edited by Toxic; Jan 5, 2015 at 03:55 PM.
Creati0n is the WORST Smite player EVER
Hm.
It looks like a good idea to implement to the ranking system, although, it would need some tweaks to the mods you selected. Anyways, it's always annoying when you win 4 in a row, but you stumble with an alt with less elo, and, of course you lose more elo than what you won.
This idea should be great if perfected.
Modo Bestia
If an alt is created, it would be a lower tier than you, so you wont be able to loose elo to that person.
I don't think any of us know how to code a whole ranking system :<
Ask hampa , he code stuff :> , also this idea is pretty good , just by the tiers and the sistem i dont see why not put this one .
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
An interesting idea. You guys are welcome to try and code this. :L

This is such a awful attitude, then again you are a GM so its to be expected, this rank system was made so that it would require the least amount of coding, almost all the features in it already exist. The only "new" part that hampa would need to code is lobby's that auto change the mod.

Not only that but your reply is just so dumb... "Only make a suggestion if you can do it yourself" or "Only make a suggestion which requires no effort at all". You are an idiot Icky.
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
This is such a awful attitude, then again you are a GM so its to be expected, this rank system was made so that it would require the least amount of coding, almost all the features in it already exist. The only "new" part that hampa would need to code is lobby's that auto change the mod.

Not only that but your reply is just so dumb... "Only make a suggestion if you can do it yourself" or "Only make a suggestion which requires no effort at all". You are an idiot Icky.

Nah, his comment was actually fine.
There are no forum coders now that can code "big stuff" afaik as Fish stopped coding several months ago and hampa is pretty busy to do everything himself.
Moreover, changes to ranking system were suggested since the moment it was implemented, so everyone who is "in charge" is aware of all the problems current system possess. Unless there is a worthy forum coder who isn't lazy to fix the system nothing will change, so if you are not one of such people, posting these suggestions is completely pointless.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Nah, his comment was actually fine.
There are no forum coders now that can code "big stuff" afaik as Fish stopped coding several months ago and hampa is pretty busy to do everything himself.
Moreover, changes to ranking system were suggested since the moment it was implemented, so everyone who is "in charge" is aware of all the problems current system possess. Unless there is a worthy forum coder who isn't lazy to fix the system nothing will change, so if you are not one of such people, posting these suggestions is completely pointless.

Not that this is new news or anything, but what is the point in the suggestion thread. I had this idea a long time before I posted it but never bothered for the reason you said. I know this will never be implemented, and toribash will never progress. The only reason I posted it was because a staff / ex told me it was worth it.

If Hampa or Nabi isn't gonna take Toribash seriously they should just close the suggestion thread.

Not only that but I have never seen anywhere a position advertised as a coder etc / is it possible to make a code for this with the knowledge a normal user has access to?