Toribash
Original Post
Trying To Find Bands
That sound like this:

I know they each are sort of different, but you get the idea.

Hardcore/punk/Melodic
Oh boy,
I Set My Friends on Fire is pretty gay, but that's because of their image.
ADTR and Set Your Goals are legit, saw them in concert.
you're basically stepping into Hardcore Punk Rock.

Search the Genre

Some similar bands:
Four Year Strong
Asking Alexandria
Escape The Fate (Gay Image)
Miss May I
Senses Fail (Amazing)

Hope I helped. These bands are a dime a dozen though, except for the ones that aren't sellouts. Which is pretty much ADTR. But yeah. It's good shit. It borders on Punk Rock and Metal, so just search around purevolume or use Pandora Radio.
SemiSarim
No wussy bullshiz hear.

Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Originally Posted by SemiSarim View Post
Oh boy,
I Set My Friends on Fire is pretty gay, but that's because of their image.
ADTR and Set Your Goals are legit, saw them in concert.
you're basically stepping into Hardcore Punk Rock.

Search the Genre

Some similar bands:
Four Year Strong
Asking Alexandria
Escape The Fate (Gay Image)
Miss May I
Senses Fail (Amazing)

Hope I helped. These bands are a dime a dozen though, except for the ones that aren't sellouts. Which is pretty much ADTR. But yeah. It's good shit. It borders on Punk Rock and Metal, so just search around purevolume or use Pandora Radio.

>hardcore punk rock
>every band in this thread is metalcore
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
>hardcore punk rock
>every band in this thread is metalcore

Not true, every band I said has some punk sound to it or started off punk, DaBandito on the other hand said metalcore bands.
SemiSarim
Originally Posted by SemiSarim View Post
Not true, every band I said has some punk sound to it or started off punk, DaBandito on the other hand said metalcore bands.

Every band he posted shows up as hardcore punk on wiki. Every band you posted comes up as metalcore, post hardcore (basically metalcore), or pop punk.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
Every band he posted shows up as hardcore punk on wiki. Every band you posted comes up as metalcore, post hardcore (basically metalcore), or pop punk.

Mm. I like how you base the bands sound on the Wiki its self rather than listening to them.

Four Year Strong is an American pop punk,[2] melodic hardcore band from Worcester, Massachusetts,

Asking Alexandria might sound Metalcore but it's got electronica, and was futured on Pop Goes Punk Vol. 2.

Escape The Fate is post hardcore, along with Senses Fail, but I don't think you bothered enough to look at what Post-Hardcore is. It's more emotional and melodic than normal Hardcore, making it somewhat like Pop Punk Hardcore.

Miss May I is pretty much the only one that's definite Metalcore, but seeing as I like Pop Punk Hardcore, and I like these guys, I thought he might appreciate it, and the same goes for the other bands I listed.

At lastly, why would you try and belittle someone else's music suggestions when you don't contribute or even listen to any of the music yourself. Dear God, I shouldn't have to explain this.
Last edited by SemiSarim; Jan 10, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
SemiSarim
I know what post hardcore is. And I've heard all the bands you mentioned. It is not uncommon for metalcore to have synths. Post hardcore is nothing like actual hardcore just so you know.

Even though you are totally wrong about what hardcore really is, you posted music that OP would probably like.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
I know what post hardcore is. And I've heard all the bands you mentioned. It is not uncommon for metalcore to have synths. Post hardcore is nothing like actual hardcore just so you know.

Even though you are totally wrong about what hardcore really is, you posted music that OP would probably like.

I'd have to disagree with you on the account of you saying that DaBandito's links are more like punk pop hardcore. His links sound nothing like any of the bands the OP posted, if that's hardcore punk rock, I hate it. It sounds just like a bunch of cymbal crashes and angsty teens yelling.

Either way, I've been listening to the type of music for quite a while now and don't need any judgment from anyone else if I know the genre or not. I know what I like, and it's as simple as that.
SemiSarim
DaBandito posted real hardcore, you posted metalcore/post hardcore.

You obviously don't know what the genre you like is called and neither does OP.
<DeadorK> fair maiden