ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Getting rid of Art confusion
There's always been issues with stolen art, people dueling for art they don't own, etc.

My idea would help make buying Art less of a gamble, and allow people to feel more safe when throwing their hard earned cash out.

Basically it'd be like Toribashtextures.com, but there would be still frames of the head from all 4 sides and the top that would be created automatically when inputing your head texture flat, with a watermarked version of the actual flat itself, along with legitimate proof you are the owner of this head, this is to reduce the lag caused by the 3D spiny models that kill your browser. A moderator would manually have to look through the proof and determine if he owns the head, if he does they could allow that head texture to be uploaded to the account.

Uploading sets would be the same thing, it'd be like uploading a set to your full 512 like normal, but instead it'd give you multiple angles of the set. Back, front, side, top, maybe the head texture flat?(dont think it's necessary)

Sort of like this

https://imgur.com/pvKA8IC
https://imgur.com/hk1CyIF

There should also be very harsh punishments if you're proven lying about owning the art / forging evidence, doing this isn't cool and causes a lot of problems for everyone involved.

Art scams are probably one of the most difficult cases to solve due to art being out of the control of admin tools, and instead are sitting on people's computers, and could affect a whole line of people who went through a stolen head texture.

So this would basically be like an Art Gallery, like the one I made for myself, but it would be part of the website and you would actually own the art, not just have it.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=591651

Buying Art is always a gamble and this idea when ironed out could quite possibly revolutionize Art, and make it more viable in Toribash Next.

I think people should have the freedom to choose if they want others viewing their art, same with being able to disable PM's, this would mainly be a tool for staff to use. There could even be an option for staff to be able to search for artists / names of heads and pinpoint exactly who owns a head texture / set
Last edited by McFarbo; Dec 28, 2017 at 01:39 AM.
Ok. Sounds like a lot of work. But how is this dealing with 10 past years of toribash history?
Or is it a thing from now on?
The stuff that is bought on forum is quite easy to track down.
Art that is dueled or sent with pm gets trickyer to track.

I find a stickyed megathread a good place for concerned people to post what they buy or sale with some proof. For safekeeping a textures owners. The you can goole it by user or something. Staff have even better tools to search the forum. This might be gelpfull since your suggestion looks like a lot to implement
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
No moderator will go through +10 years of art some people own and doublecheck the proof of ownership for all of these, thats just not a doable workload

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

I'm sure it's a lot of work to implement, but wasn't the ranking system as well? This benefits people who actually play the game, it seems the issue is most staff don't actually play the game in fact they don't play the game at all, so they don't understand, same reason why they don't understand how to properly price items or give out balanced prizes. There's no reason to punish players just because something will take time to implement.

If art is so easy to track down how come most of it's gone, and why isn't it supported in duels? It's because it's actually very difficult to track down.

its not 10+ years of art, it's only what people upload.

if an inactive user comes back they could upload their art otherwise it's gone.

and is giving staff an actual job that much of an issue? it's not like some of you do anything anyway.
Ranking is automated.
This can't be properly automated considering the resources available.

Not happening.