ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Organization Outreach
Hey guys, I've got some questions for you

So we have been looking over organizations for a little while now. There are some orgs like TMMA, Indonizer, OBT, ORMO, unofficial orgs, etc. that go through spurs of activity, but the majority of them are either super inactive or dead. With the new forum overhaul coming soon, we're trying to figure out a better way to organize organizations (see what I did there? not funny? didn't laugh? okay). With places that have relaxed rules existing like Off Topic; we could condense orgs down and put them there. Another alternative would be to delete them outright, and give certain orgs a sub-forum relevant to what they do (i.e. ORMO getting a sub-forum in Replays).

What do you guys think about organizations? In their current state, they're really a big mess and don't serve any function. What I'd like to know from you guys is:

How much do you value organizations?

What could be changed about organizations in order for them to be fun and functional? (I did it again somebody please stop me)

Would you be satisfied with any of the potential solutions listed above? If so, which one?

If there's any other ideas you'd like to share regarding organizations, I encourage you to share those as well.

Here's a poll with a free response section included if you don't want to post here: CLICK ME!
w
As I understand the language orgs will get their own sub-forum and everybody gets removed outright but can reform under a thread of their choosing. TMMA plans to go to replays and we’ll have link to our discord in the OP
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
So we will get what, only one thread inside a sub-forum? Or are we geting a sub-forum for each active org?
Because it's really importating for us being able to create threads for organizing events, forum based games, memes and music threads.
I wish we could keep our freedom to create threads as it is now. Only one thread won't cut it.
Originally Posted by Fade View Post
How much do you value organizations?

in my opinion, orgs work similarly to clans but more broadly.
I think they are supposed to be used as sub-communities where people can meet and talk about something in common, but I'm not sure if they are working as they are supposed to.

What could be changed about organizations in order for them to be fun and functional?

well, I dont have any smart move up the sleeve but I would try to figure out why people are not using this organizations forum to organize themselves as a subpart of the toribash community.

Would you be satisfied with any of the potential solutions listed above? If so, which one?

I dont feel affected at all, to be honest
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Each language will be able to create one thread in the board. I honestly don't see a huge problem there, the last event you guys had was over a year ago (unless there were more recent ones that I couldn't find). The only two threads you guys are actively using now are the humor and general chat one - which could easily be merged into one thread without losing much functionality.

However after rethinking the discord channel proposal, I'm not entirely against it anymore. I would be willing to give a channel to both the Brazilians and the Russians, since those are the only two active enough to warrant one. The hard part about this is going to be finding solid moderators for each channel. And I'd have to get permission to do so from my superiors, but I'll ask about it.

EDIT: if you have any more questions you can also dm me on discord @DALTON#1036 and I'd respond much faster
Last edited by Fade; Oct 3, 2019 at 01:55 AM.
w
Yeah all that crap can be done in discord. TA had the best sub-forum but we grew out of it. All that stuff like thread games, music, show urself, all that can be done in a discord.
Toribash Martial Artists
However after rethinking the discord channel proposal, I'm not entirely against it anymore. I would be willing to give a channel to both the Brazilians and the Russians, since those are the only two active enough to warrant one. The hard part about this is going to be finding solid moderators for each channel. And I'd have to get permission to do so from my superiors, but I'll ask about it.

Thanks for considering. Having a text channel (and possibly one voice channel) is the same as having just one thread in a subforum, with the advantage that the discord is officially advertised in game and toribash's official channels to the point where it makes it much easier for the users to find, compared to the forum thread.

If you take the discord idea further, you can create a category on discord and a role. People click on a reaction with their flag in one of the "pinned" channels, it gives them their language role and then they are able to see the category with as much channels as you're willing to create for each language.

This prevents people that doesn't speak such language from seeing too much irrelevant channels on their discord. Also giving that language a bit more of freedom to the point they can have multiple channels if they feel like they need it (maximum amount chosen by you guys, of course)

(there are several bots that grants roles based on reactions so there's no need for coding)
Last edited by Immotay; Oct 3, 2019 at 03:51 AM.
Organizations have been moved to "Dead Orgs" and ORMO to Replays. Immotay, I DMed you on Discord and I want to talk to you before I do anything for the language orgs.

As for everyone else, feel free to make a thread in Off Topic based around your org's focus.
w
Immotay, I DMed you on Discord and I want to talk to you before I do anything for the language orgs.

Sure thing, I had my discord dm's closed but I just opened them and dm'd you. I'll be in class for the next 4 hours but I'll answer asap when I get home.
Sorry where is “Dead Orgs” I can’t find it?
Toribash Martial Artists