people playing: 182, servers online: 51, games played: 135,380,012 Top Player: Shmevin

Toribash Community » Toribash » Art
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old May 14, 2017   #1
realVortex

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: All Stars

My first few heads
realVortex heads

I'm extremely new to texture making and these are the first 4 heads I have made. I'm struggling to find my style, that's why I'm posting here. I'm looking for some constructive feedback as well as some things I'm doing well in so far.
Extra info you may like to know is.
1.) I use GIMP
2.) I do requests

Head 1 : Creepy 

Head 2 : Spider 

Head 3 : Robot 

Head 4 : Anime 

flats 
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues O.O
Old May 15, 2017   #2
MrMiyagy

Master Belt

I think the most well done one was the Robot one, but my personal favorite is the anime one, since anime fan lel.

Anyways yeah I think you should go for that technology look in your art work. You seem to work better with the metallic colors like the grays. The creepy one has some odd eyebrows however, no offence hahha.

With the anime one maybe you should try to transition the shading better. The shading pops out rather than transitions from bright to dark smoothly, unless that is the look you wanted. I like thinks to transition smoothly though.

The spider one was just plain odd in my opinion, rightfully so. I don't have much to say about it.

Other than that I couldn't do art for the life of me, just my opinion on it, and well done. ^_^
Psychology, the way to win Toribash games.
Old May 15, 2017   #3
realVortex

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: All Stars

Thank you, I agree with you on the metallic being my better style. I'll take that into account when I get bored and what to make a head. When it comes to anime I don't really know what I'm doing yet so your feedback is appreciated
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues O.O
Closed Thread