people playing: 175, servers online: 57, games played: 133,318,165 Top Player: Wounder

Toribash Community » Help » FAQ
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
&Fear
CLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSORGS

u89ueojidfjeopewpikr09ip3o Belt

Moderation Tools

Q: Moderation tools? What?
A: If you aren't a moderator of any boards, this QA isn't for you! This one's just for certain people:

• LMods (and above)
  • Local clan moderators

If you belong to one of these two groups, hopefully this will shed some light onto how to effectively moderate your board.

Q: I want to do [X] with the threads in my board, how can I do it?
A: Both thread and post moderation works on a SELECTION -> ACTION basis. That is, you select some items, and you then tell the forum the action you want it to take with those items. In the case of threads, you can select threads like this:

Selecting Threads 

Great, but how do we actually do stuff? After you select the threads you want, you need to find the action dropdown and choose an action, like this:

Performing Actions 

If you don't want to make mistakes, it's best to understand the effects of these options:

Action Options Explained 

Q: I want to do [X] with posts in a thread, how can I do it?
A: Just like thread moderation, post moderation works on a SELECTION -> ACTION basis. In fact, the GUI is pretty much exactly the same: selection boxes on the right and an action dropdown at the bottom right of the page.

Selecting Posts 

But how do we do things with our selection? Like this:

Performing Actions 

If you don't want to make mistakes, it's best to understand the effects of these options:

Action Options Explained 

Last edited by Fear; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:53 PM..
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote