Ranking
Original Post
Different leaderboards in Matchmaking for the three mod types
The new matchmaking system is good in all but would it be better if there where 3 leaderboards and more mods one leaderboard for kicking another one for grappling and another one for striking.With 3 leaderboards people who only like kicking or only like striking ,grappling would not have to play the other mods vs playstyles that they don't like and get mad over making the community less toxic and making matchmaking much more desirable.

Grappling mods :aikidobigdojo aikido greykido

kicking mods : lenshu erthtk etcetera

Striking mods : ninjutsu etcetera (Real Tori Boxing maybe )

i think a change like this will make the community much calmer and would not force people to play the 2 kicking mods to 1 grappling mod (they tried to add striking but it just turned into people kicking each other) and with a ranking system like this where the mods are separated with just be more enjoyable.People are leaving this game because it is not enjoyable to them and with a change like this i feel like people would be happier.

Ps:this might sound like a stupid idea but i would like to see more people come to this game and less people leave.it might be stupid but i think it might be a good think to try.
Last edited by Slau; May 16, 2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: changed prefix, less obscure title
Berzerk i stated that its not a kicking mod i said that people only kick in it no one ever punches in the mod so i counted it as a kicking mod.And they did not have it with matchmaking and without matchmaking its very different and you could farm it very often and just streak lesser players with the new matchmaking system it changes a lot.
Last edited by killerxd2; May 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM.
Just because people kick doesn't mean it's not a strike. It's a striking mod because you hit them to get points. Kick or punch, doesn't matter, still a strike. Also the idea, the reason they went away from this is because the grapple people floored the leaderboards giving other people no chance. The current system is about fairness. So the idea of having multiple lesderboards is a great idea, however would it be implemented, maybe they could put this into Toribash Next.
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Just because people kick doesn't mean it's not a strike. It's a striking mod because you hit them to get points. Kick or punch, doesn't matter, still a strike. Also the idea, the reason they went away from this is because the grapple people floored the leaderboards giving other people no chance. The current system is about fairness. So the idea of having multiple lesderboards is a great idea, however would it be implemented, maybe they could put this into Toribash Next.

I don't think this is true at all. I, my friends and clan mates held high elo in the old systems. Perhaps in the oldest ranked, but not in the last 2 reboots has 'fairness' of mods an issue.

As far as I know the rank as it now is, is about reflection of a wider game and not a single mod. Ive barley been back long and I was high enough to be around top 10, still hovering at rank 25 from flat elo flux and a few pings. Broaden your horizons.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
No, that's what I was getting at, that it is more wider range with current system. That's what I said. I also agree the last two have had fairness of mod issues. I like the idea though if having multiple leader boards. Would show you more of who does what and who is better at what. Not that rank is good at showing skill anyways. I agree that it is broader now. I just like this idea. That you can have more leader boards.
Go to shop. Click ranked. Leaderboards for all mods.

If that is too hard

http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php

Also, I didnt imply the other ranked systems had fairness issues, I had high rank as a Taekkyon main in the ranked systems.
Last edited by AussieCunt; May 17, 2017 at 01:28 AM.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits