Ranking
Original Post
Getting a new computer
Ye so my computer is 4 years old and this week I'm getting a new one. =]
Anyways I'm not really computer person who knows what programs run the best and all this, but I just want to ask a few questions.

Should I get a Mac or Windows (see I know nothing on computers xd)
What would make my Photoshop CS5 run faster?
What would be needed to run full shaders and have non buffering toribash?

That's basically all I need to know.
But if you want to add on my questions feel free to. ^^
pc.... much cheaper if you but parts separately and its still gonna be better than the latest mac for 500$ and the new mac is like 1500$
Get a iMac from Apple. They're the best. Get Photoshop 9 for $80.
That feels good. I like it when you touch me there... mmmmh. That hurts...ow ow! Click Here Much better.
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
Get a iMac from Apple. They're the best. Get Photoshop 9 for $80.

Wow way to not have any reasoning behind your choice.

Originally Posted by ToribashIsHacked View Post
my advice for your graphics card is go to newegg and search GeForce 9800 GT it works really nice.

A solid graphics card, but a bit old now days, especially with the 400 series being pretty damn cheap and will last you a long time.

Originally Posted by manowar123 View Post
GET AN ALIEn ware desk top they are really good for gaming

marked up, only in it for the name, etc

Originally Posted by ghostayami View Post
pc.... much cheaper if you but parts separately and its still gonna be better than the latest mac for 500$ and the new mac is like 1500$

I agree with this.

Originally Posted by McBurger View Post
Ye so my computer is 4 years old and this week I'm getting a new one. =]
Anyways I'm not really computer person who knows what programs run the best and all this, but I just want to ask a few questions.

Should I get a Mac or Windows (see I know nothing on computers xd)
What would make my Photoshop CS5 run faster?
What would be needed to run full shaders and have non buffering toribash?

That's basically all I need to know.
But if you want to add on my questions feel free to. ^^

You should get a PC, because it will be a lot cheaper.

The 9800 GT suggested by ToribashIsHacked would do that, but I would suggest something more powerful, I would suggest a GTX 460, since they are only $200.

GPU, and RAM will help you run CS5 faster.
Anything more than the 200 series will run CS5 fine, but you can always go faster (plus the 200 series are expensive compared to the 400).

I would suggest...
  • GTX 460 ~ $200 (because its nice) (any flavour) (or any 400 series, or 500 if you want to move up)
  • 8gb ddr3 ~ $100 (because you always need ram) (any flavour)
  • Momentus (250gb w/32mb cache) ~ $100 (because its uberfast and he had an old computer so doesnt need bulk space yet) (seriously no one should even dispute buying a Momentus, unless they vote for a higher capcity with lower cache, which is a tad slower but bigger)
  • I'm not good with mobos/cpus, but I would guess you should set aside another $200 at least for that. (could be more like $300, not sure)
Last edited by Gorman; Dec 14, 2010 at 08:58 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
It also depends on what brand you get. I would recommend custom whitebox.
I'd like to a famous youtuber. =3
You like COD? --- >MONTAGE<
I would recommend build yourself, or get an friend to build it, or failing those, buy a built one on ebay, they are almost as cheap as building yourself.
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I'm just saying i mean if we're going all out here you could sli two gtx 470s and get the mobo that supports 48 gigs of ram and get the 7ghz six core.. but my 9800 was cheap and has lasted 5 months fine no issues for $70.
wait ToribashIsHacked, which mobo supports 48 gigs of ram?

9800 is already quite old, I wouldn't recommend buying one because their lifespan is quite limited. 400 series is only a bit over double the price, and will last you for a long time.