Toribash
this is a motherboard that supports over 48gb, it actually supports 256gb. too bad it's a server motherboard with the ability for 4 cpu's that no one would buy unless they were rich

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813151179R

anyway i agree with you gorman. the 400 series is awesome currently, i have a gtx 460 and i can't see going with anything else atm as they're pretty damn cheap for good performance in gaming. also all the new features you get like tesselation and what not just makes it an extra bonus.
You don't say?
My opinion, and this is mainly speculation, is that any high end graphics card will last you a very very long time. With consoles holding back graphics, and with new developments like infinite point cloud data, games are becoming less reliant on graphics cards, and you should no longer require the latest graphics card to play games over the next 5-10 years.
I can see games getting more efficient.

But of course if you want to do other funky things...
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
i have a feeling there will always be a game in development that will push any system to it's limits. i understand what you mean though with the advances in technology and programming.
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
i have a feeling there will always be a game in development that will push any system to it's limits. i understand what you mean though with the advances in technology and programming.

Yes, there will always be games that push the limits. But because not everybody makes games that are very poorly coded (Crysis shouldn't need the resources it requires) the current high end GPUs will still be good for at least 5 years.
As Onamist says, even using RTRT, bloom, AA, fluid simulation, vector bluring, etc, the newest graphics cards are more than capable.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Mac...very hard for a virus to get on it, my friend has had a mac for awhile, and never had a Mac, he uses toribash also.

Mac's are expensive, but you could get a not so new one, or a used one, my school has used one's and by far it's pretty nice.
Rainbowdash
Call me lLlLlLlLl because I spit straight bars when i rap or call me $tr8B@rz