ES Recruitment Drive
15" >_>
At least you are trying a little harder than the guy posting an 18"...

that computer looks like a piece of shit (yes looks do count, either plain, or excellent, i dislike this halfway space-age look)

hardware is a bit better, and its a lilttle cheaper, but its nearly twice the surface area.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
so i take it the qosmio is out the window? i didn't even look at the size when i found it lol
You don't say?
Gorman, you insult Apple for overpricing and decide to buy shit from Alienware?

Bro, you a hypocrite.
:D
Originally Posted by qq5ben View Post
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220755

Boom, look at this.

This is my laptop, it's one badass motherfucker.

Gorman: I don't really understand your obsession with making it as small as possible, unless of course you plan on gaming while exercising vigorously and holding the device with one hand. It completely ruins the gaming experience as you can't see shit. It's not like the other laptops being recommended are going to break your legs when you put them on your lap, or dislocate your shoulder when you carry them either.

For you I recommend a macbook air. It looks pretty.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

I think they are trolling with their $200 install fee. (Plus the $50for the 2gb ram stick that they dont have to give you, so really its $250 install fee :I)

Jesus, they best be trolling. That takes two minutes to do, and anyone can do it. Building your own PC is the way to go imo, alienware can get boned. Someone once told me, and it stuck, that when you buy from places like this you are pretty much paying out the ass for what really amounts to maybe a fraction of a second difference in speed. Sure, the graphics will be pretty and it will run smooth as butter, but you could build your own, for less, while only sacrificing an almost unnoticeable difference.
Last edited by deady; Dec 19, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Gorman, you insult Apple for overpricing and decide to buy shit from Alienware?

Bro, you a hypocrite.

Blam, this thread is all about insulting Alienware for being overpriced :I

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
This is my laptop, it's one badass motherfucker.

Gorman: I don't really understand your obsession with making it as small as possible, unless of course you plan on gaming while exercising vigorously and holding the device with one hand. It completely ruins the gaming experience as you can't see shit. It's not like the other laptops being recommended are going to break your legs when you put them on your lap, or dislocate your shoulder when you carry them either.

For you I recommend a macbook air. It looks pretty.

haha.

The thing is, I have a gaming computer, so I wouldn't game on it much.
I just want to have the option to.

The number of times that I have just had my laptop with me and some mates have sat down for a quick game, or I have been somewhere bored and decided to log on to Minecraft for a few minutes but couldn't because my laptop can't even play that, are so many.

I don't intend to use it as a dedicated gaming platform, but its just the convenience of being able to if the situation arises.

If I didn't care about portability then of course I would not have a smartphone either, I'd just have a laptop with headphones and a 3g card or something.

an 11" is small and light enough to carry around all the time without being a burden. My current laptop is 17"... it is not very fun to carry around (god only knows how bad that 18" would be >_<).

I think a 15" would be ok for what I want, but really I should go in to a shop and have a look.

Originally Posted by deady View Post
Jesus, they best be trolling. That takes two minutes to do, and anyone can do it. Building your own PC is the way to go imo, alienware can get boned. Someone once told me, and it stuck, that when you buy from places like this you are pretty much paying out the ass for what really amounts to maybe a fraction of a second difference in speed. Sure, the graphics will be pretty and it will run smooth as butter, but you could build your own, for less, while only sacrificing an almost unnoticeable difference.

Well, I really love the laptop casing
For style, I don't think you can beat that case.

et al; alright, lets go with 15" then, what can I get that is nice and 15"? I'll upgrade it to 8gb ram and a 500gb momentus, so don't worry about disk and ram.
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
well this i know won't be up to your expectations for a computer case but it doesn't look bad http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115857

specs are near what i posted as the 18" one but in a 15"

this one is more than the last one but looks a bit nicer and has the same processor lol graphics are ati instead of nvidia. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214044
You don't say?
Very nice.

Some good options there
Do you think it actually worth's the cost.

Apple is epic, there over priced cause it's worth it, and to me from my opinion they have the best security.