Ranking
Original Post
Trojan?
So yea, my girlfriend's Toshiba laptop has some malware/trojan shit that threatens to ruin her on her background and i'm trying to sort this shit out. It won't let her go to half of the websites on the internet and popups come up. The weird thing is that it infected all the new more advanced laptops but none of the normal Linux like laptops. Could anybody give me a clue on what's going on with her computer?
Last edited by shadowXcor; Dec 21, 2010 at 01:59 AM.
eeh, i cant really tell ''whats going on'' and ''why does this one has it and that one doesnt'' but i think its mainly because she's been doing the wrong stuff.

what you can try to do is:

Download and run spybot search & destroy, it will tell you where the trojans are and deletes them (altough i always prefer to delete it with hand.)

Then also take a scan with Symantic antivirus.

Both these virusscanners work GREAT together (in my opinion)

if you cannot be arsed to do anything with virus scanners or stuff format the laptop and reinstall it.
The thing is that she cant get on the internet without being denied from a website. Which prevents her from downloading spy bot and stuff like that.
aaah i think i might found the problem! you might have a virus that changes the adress bar of the internet (thats why certain sites gives you virus error etc.) try downloading a new internet browser and do NOT let it get infected before you download some proper antivirus programs! sorry it just hit me. if its not that please send me a pm or whatever. ill keep an eye on the thread anyway

edit: it can also be that the virus is in you're router, reset the router to the fabric stuff (sorry im dutch) and reinstall it with the latest firmware for that router.

double edit: mayby this helps http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secur..._wirele_1.html
Last edited by Takkrala; Dec 21, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
Dude if that virus is like a program that regenerates when You delete it and dont let to you open things, internet, etc...

there is easy way to stop the virus thingy, open programs like msn, skype, etc... and try to use all of the RAM and when the pc freeze, close The programs so the virus program will crash and then you can delete it, and the program will no regenerate 'Cause the program crashed etc...
Last edited by darkmax89; Dec 21, 2010 at 03:18 AM.
Lol, but when she opens the laptop and starts it up, it has a threat saying something about ruining her and her family? Thats what i'm so worried about. If theres a certain person hacking the laptop, then they can't be removed from all i know.