Toribash
Original Post
[Help] ET1331G-07w Desktop PC with AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core Processor and Windows 7
I recently got this new computer but found out that the processor operates very poorly. I want to switch out the processor with an Intel celeron 2.2Ghz (current one is 1.6Ghz the 2.2Ghz celeron was scraped from my old computer but the amd is a dual processor idk if that makes a difference I'm a noob.)
Well this is what the intel celeron says
intel '06 450
celeron 2.20GHz/512/800/06
And i've searched the internet and im afraid if i switch out the processor now that the motherboard won't recongize the intel celeron.
Help please.(sorry If i make no sense I'm rushing this)

ok well i just want to know if i can switch the amd with intel celeron

I can't find my motherboard brand sorry (
I don't want to open my computer up atm untill my 2 2GB of ram comes)

SPECS
CPU:
AMD Athlon™ II X2 Dual-Core Processor 250u (1.6GHz, 512K x 2 L2 cache)
Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Chipset: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE
Memory: 4096MB DDR2 dual-channel (2 × 2048MB)
Hard Drive: 640GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: 16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti
Write max: 16X DVD±R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 8X DVD±R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 48X CD-R, 32X CD-RW
Read max: 16X DVD-ROM, 40X CD-ROM
Media Reader: Multi-in-one digital media card reader: CompactFlash® (Type I, Type II), CF+™ Microdrive, Secure Digital™ (SD, miniSD), MultiMediaCard™ (MMC, RS-MMC, MMCmobile, MMCmicro), Memory Stick™ (MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MS Pro Duo, MS Micro), xD-Picture Card™
[Pigs]|TA|AM|
You can't change it that easy.
The mainboard is made for AMD Cpu's and you can't put a Intel processor in.
If you need a new processor you have to get a AMD.
Would be nice if you can post the name of your mainboard.
qaywer Mongius BlubKill Jaker GerFight Pinheads Coolino <3 | [TEO] | [T3AL] | [HighTunesYT]
You would have real trouble trying to put 1 core in to 2 slots.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
You cannot change it with the celeron but if you have the money you can replace it with an Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), 245(2.9GHz) or a 250(3.0GHz).
I've got the 245 and it is fast enough for gaming, 3d modelling and normal use.
Proud member of [Pandora]
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
You would have real trouble trying to put 1 core in to 2 slots.

yea thats why i was wondering why i have 3 fans inside my computer (since the fan usally covers the processor)
gorman do you know any amazing processor?
[Pigs]|TA|AM|
I think the ones that you can use with your motherboard are Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon II, Opteron, Phenom and Phenom II.

It has to be an AMD CPU. The Celeron won't even fit in there(different pin configuration).
Proud member of [Pandora]
Hmmm.... maybe if I saughter and place some diodes and ... ill just get a new better motherboard.
[Pigs]|TA|AM|