Toribash
You know when I play for some reason I go up and down drastically and have been from 600-1300 in one day. It's so weird. I don't play much, so perhaps it has to do with my few games played.
Most chess sites use Glicko-2 which has uncertainty as a parameter, if you havent played much your uncertainty will be high and you will go up and down a lot
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
You know that's literally what I was saying. XD

I know I started off saying for some reason, but I did know why. It will be fine after I play a few games though man. I get to play ZeDerpyOne next in this tournament.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Most chess sites use Glicko-2 which has uncertainty as a parameter, if you havent played much your uncertainty will be high and you will go up and down a lot

How's your chess skills coming along bro? Any fun stuff lately?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
How's your chess skills coming along bro? Any fun stuff lately?

I kill time on lichess still a lot but havent improved much.

Theres this guy who I come up against quite frequently who is ranked at 2100 who throws away his rook in the first 2 moves then fights back and beats me everytime

You entered any more tournaments?
I think I have an interesting opener for the games I'm gonna play ZeDedpyOne in. The opener is a bit odd t the start, but that's why I think it will work. Try to not take his rook then, that may confuse him. Even if only a little it could help you. ^_^
I really need to play more again.

This morning did vile things to me playing chess. Just decimated
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Theres this guy who I come up against quite frequently who is ranked at 2100 who throws away his rook in the first 2 moves then fights back and beats me everytime

What exactly is he doing to give up the rook? If he's trading rook for bishop, it could be a rook gambit, where he's trying to weaken your opening by depriving you a critical piece of most common openers.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Or he could even just play without a rook. Honestly, that's not a big deal. Paul Morphy would (and most GMs) would rather spot a rook than a bishop or knight because Bishops and Knights are substantially better in the early/mid game than the rook.

Check it @9:50

Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Oh nice, yeah he does trade it for a bishop

The sequence is

1. E4 , H5 2. Nc3 , RH6 3. Bh6 , Nh6