Ranking
Original Post
Local Moderator Recruitment Drive
The Local Moderator Recruitment Drive
How fancy.

Hello friends! It's that time of the year, we're looking for Local Moderators.
That means, some of you get to be the lucky vic people to watch over the Discussion, Entertainment & Media, Suggestions & Ideas, and Mods boards.

What do I do as a Local Moderator?
Now, what a fantastic question.
Local Moderators are assigned to specific boards on the forum.
They do their part by making sure the rules are followed.
You keep these streets safe.

Can anyone become a Local Moderator?
Well... Yeah pretty much!
Activity and firm grasp on the expectations of one of the respective boards is all that we require.
Staying out of trouble usually helps us determine your knowledge of the rules.

Sign me up! Where can I apply?
Write a free-form application that includes everything that you think could be useful.
Send an application to any of these guys: TyZi, Sparky, Reta, Lite, ed, Daedalus, Bodhisattva, Arctic, or Fear.
Do not post any applications in this thread.

Now what?
We are accepting applications for a little while before we decide we have enough applicants.
The ones who we take in will receive a PM with any additional information.
Please don't ask us about where your application stands!

This thread can be used to answer any questions that you might have.

Good luck!

Last edited by TyZi; Jan 5, 2017 at 06:14 AM. Reason: chinese traveler learns to speak english
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

yes, if you think you are active enough and capable of moderating multiple boards, feel free to do that.
Last edited by Arctic; Jan 5, 2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: better
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Whoever you pick to mod Discussion, please make sure they aren't retarded or trigger-happy.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Whoever you pick to mod Discussion, please make sure they aren't retarded or trigger-happy.

Worth mentioning - Local Mods cannot infract people. They can delete posts, and they often report things they delete telling us Smods to delete things, but when we notice someone's improperly flagging the wrong posts, we set them aside, explain to them how to improve, undelete posts, and move forward.

It's REALLY really REAAAALLLLLY hard to power abuse as an LMod.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Yeah, I'm aware.. I did do the job for 2 years..

The issue here, concerning Discussion, is the rules are very encompassing. It'd be very easy (and likely) for the new person to enforce them to a T. Discussion doesn't run best when every 3rd opinion is being deleted because it was deemed 'useless' by one criteria or another.

Other than useless posts, a new and inexperienced mod might actually start enforcing rule D, which would result in 99% of all posts being infracted. Additionally, if the mod mistakes humour for aggression, they could start deleting posts under rule C.

But probably the biggest thing here is the moderator action section of the rules. I should have deleted most of that before I left. There's no need for the mod to cut any discussions short (unless they very obviously aren't suited for Discussion). Doing so, as I and Zelda stupidly used to do once in the past, just results in the board becoming less active (since the conversations are cut short) and people becoming wary of creating new threads (why bother when it'll just be closed by Hitler).

In summary, yes, it's possible to have a trigger-happy lmod and have their actions backed by smods because the loose and expansive rules allow for almost any kind of moderator action.

In summary of that summary, don't hire a donk. Hire someone with vast intelligence and administrative restraint (like the previous lmod ).
Last edited by Ele; Jan 6, 2017 at 05:00 AM.
Any estimation of when we can expect the first wave? I know from personal experience that it's hard to tell, but a general idea would be cool

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
Any estimation of when we can expect the first wave? I know from personal experience that it's hard to tell, but a general idea would be cool

While there's ongoing conversation about the current applicants, we think it's in the best interest for everyone if we receive more applications.

So can't really give an estimate yet, but please keep sending in your apps everyone.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
The same benefits as almost any other staff position-- it's volunteer work. The workload of someone moderating one board is little to none. I will say LMod is a good start if you want to be involved with higher staff. Good work is noticed and taken into account if you feel you want to be ES or Msquad, all that jazz.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up