Toribash
Original Post
Special skills you want to learn and why.
For me there are quite a few:
Disarming Training because if a person poses a threat when he is armed it's best to remove whatever weapon he has from the equation and use superior unarmed combat skills to defeat him.
All the UN Official Languages because communication is very important in many situations, whether your life is in danger or not. (I know English and I'm currently in the process of learning Russian.)
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
I would like to learn some Philippine languages (Tagalog, Cebuano) to communicate with my relatives. And learning how to do a back flip is dope too.
What language(s) do you speak now?
I'd love to learn solid disarms, or taking on multiple enemies at once, I have good jiu jitsu and mma, but I don't think those help with more then one opponent
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
i'd love to learn how to program
and roll a pretty nice j
i suck at rolling
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Krav Maga, razor sharp reflexes.

It sucks when you don't know what to do when you're in danger.
woah
Sorry Resh, but according to science, you can't actively increase your reaction time. You can learn to predict very well, though.

Anyway, I guess I'd like to learn some sort of martial art. Capoeira and Sambo both peak my fancy, but I can't find any combat Sambo gyms anywhere near me. I've yet to look for one for Capoeira, but I imagine that if I want proper training in either art I might need to travel to their country of origin.

I'd also like to learn how to cook.
I think I might be retired.
Cooking would be cool. And I'd suggest Muay Thai opposed to Capoeira because being lower than your opponent is risky.
id like to learn more first aid. I know the basics but id like to learn more, so if something happens I'll be able to help. Cooking would also be a nice skill, I find it very stressful tho :V
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
As someone who is fairly short, I don't think being lower is necessarily a disadvantage. While dangerous, because your face is much easier to swat at, you have plenty of openings you wouldn't have at a higher position.

Ideally I'd like to find a way to put together both sambo and capoeira. Sambo is much less fluid overall than capoeira, and capoeira has a few glaring issues in terms of defense that sambo covers well. I don't think I'll ever have the time to master either, but learning both well enough to function as a machine together is definitely a goal I plan to fulfill at some point.
I think I might be retired.