Toribash
Originally Posted by Tryton View Post
Because atk speed dont will incrense your dps anymore.

Lol that doesn't make any sense
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Lol that doesn't make any sense

I think what he means is that attack speed doesn't alter the actual DPS count on the character info.
I know what happened, I'm just saying that it makes no sense...

Pure damage is way more important than DPS in the first place, especially in higher difficulties when you can't just stand there and shoot.

And especially for those who don't have perfect connections, so can't do 1/3rd of a second stutter step. (Funny to mention that I havn't seen any youtubers playing that well, if you have <100ms ping and don't stutter step properly then I feel like the good connection is wasted on a bad player...)

By the way what is the order of operations on damage calculations?
( Base damage + elemental bonuses + flat item bonuses ) * attribute bonus
or does attribute bonus apply to only a subset?
Pure damage is way more important than DPS in the first place,

Did you play inferno act 2 and up? If so, Atk Speed WAS way better compared to Pure Damage, especially in boss fights (Enrage timers, Belial, etc.)

especially in higher difficulties when you can't just stand there and shoot.

False, Caltroops, Smoke screen, Preparation, smoke screen, Caltroops and I had killed 1 blue pack and got 1 Nephalem Valor Buff without getting hit. Now, it is pretty much useless.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
All I can say is that you are pretty lucky to be able to kill blues and bosses every time by just standing there. For me I have to stutterstep all day long. I guess some people are lucky and get easy blues...

However even if you take that in to consideration, damage focus will beat IAS focus every time. Eg if they have the same DPS, then your tactic of just standing there and holding left click will work, and you can still stutterstep. Good luck stutterstepping to 3 AS...

EDIT: Since you chose belial as an example, think of dodging the metor attack and stuttering. If a 1 AS player does it they only have to stop to attack every 1 second. If you try it with 3 AS then you have to stop ever 1/3rd to get the same DPS. Obviously considering cast time and latency you are at a huge disadvantage.
Fuck, I give up to play with Wizard. This 1.03 patch fucked my wizard damage and some skills. So, I'm started to play with the Doctor. If anyone need help to level up/farm I can do that with my wizard but I dont will spend 9.999.999.999.999 or $$$$$ (real money) with him.
. I guess some people are lucky and get easy blues...

Lets face it, some blues cannot be killed, thus the need of "kiting". Maybe strong dps wins in this case, but ias can still be usefull if you have vault +smoke screen. Plus with the nerf you can tank 3-4 hits
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
Lets face it, some blues cannot be killed, thus the need of "kiting". Maybe strong dps wins in this case, but ias can still be usefull if you have vault +smoke screen. Plus with the nerf you can tank 3-4 hits

In my case I have never had any blues that I could just tank and kill. I played as pure damage wizard as nature intended him to be - since normal act 2 I have died 1 hit. Diamond skin lets me live for 1 hit. I kite everything, even normal mobs. If I just stand there then I will definitely die.

DH has better damage avoidance skills than wizard (wiz has to use DS/FN/WOF to defend - but considering S/S + buffs you are going to have to settle for only 2 of those), but still I find it unlikely that even a tanky DH can just stand there. I've seen tanky barbs get destroyed by blues very quickly...
Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
Would someone be willing to give me a Diablo 3 guest pass for a Smite beta key?

I have a diablo 3 guest pass and willing to trade if you want