Ranking
I'm a big fan of R'n'B and Soul music. I usually listen to songs by Lil' Eddie and Atozzio(Never heard of them right?).
Also rap music mostly from Eminem. We totally need some new rappers to rap about meaningful stuff. Em isn't getting any younger and the young rappers we have today like Nicki and Wayne are a disgrace to the rap genre.
Occasionally some Pop-rock stuff. Never liked the ones with the screaming shit.
Acoustic songs are nice too. They're kinda like my relaxation songs.
a spoon.
DnB, Reggae, and Dub (this is not dubstep either... I'm not a huge fan of dubsetp, but defiantly no brostep. E.G. Skrillex).

I also like Trevor Hall, he's not a genre but he has a unique blend of folk and reggae. Check him out.
-----
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Alternative, indierock, blues rock, acoustic stuff is also good.
Also good hip hop and rap music on occasion. I'm talking Wu-Tang Clan here, not something disgusting like Lil Wayne or Nicki Minaj.

Even on a good day Nicki Minaj isn't considered rap. She sings pop culture and that's it. She's a self-proclaimed rapper who gives lap-dances on live TV.

Although Lil Wayne, Drake, 2 Chainz, etc.. are shit. Niki Minaj is worse than shit...
Last edited by JayStar; May 24, 2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Eminem is pretty awful nowadays. Except this.

Eminem being good

Yes, I listen to rap occationaly, mustly Wu-Tang or NWa. Rap is really going in the wrong direction though.
Last edited by Lazors; May 24, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Bulletron: Not really familliar with Eddie and Atozzio...and also, good genre choices! Also love Eminem . Also, yes, we need new, inspirational rappers, instead of slutty-gangsta skank and rich-fucking hoes ones...Meh, like some screamos, and yes, Acoustics are relaxing to the mind...sometimes listen to them before bed ^ ^
JayStar: Like your choices...but not familliar with Trevor Hall..sorry :/...and I also agree on the fact that all those mentioned rappers are shit. And only 8 year olds love them XD
Lazors: Meh, whatever Eminem does, I still like him XD. And also, you are correct that rap is going into the wrong direction due to the suckish people who have no talent dilute it's pool
StarshipPain: I like some mainstream pop....but I also hate some..so yeah..its more of a..balanced thing...and I don't like cheesy punk music also
Mccqa: May I ask you why?
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Eminem is pretty awful nowadays.

Define awful.

And Rhaemondzzzkie, here's some Lil' Eddie and Atozzio for ya.

Eddie and Atozzio

a spoon.
Well, I'm not gonna get into an Eminem discussion, especially in a genre thread, but imo he got worse after Infinite. I'm gonna leave it at that, actually. You're just gonna have to live with the knowledge that i dislike Eminem's newer tracks.

Imo, genres are the things that keeps a variation between all of todays music. It's a shame when genres turn mainstream to fit the public's needs. That's what's happening with todays hardstyle, and rap too.
And that's where we got Lil Wayne, Drake, Snoop, Eminem, and all of the other bs rappers I haven't mentioned.

Well, point is, it's not the artists who are bad, just that public media gets more money for cheesy melodies than quality rap. Naturally, the artists will focus on melody, and not the actual rap.
So if you're just in it for the chorus, maybe you should try another genre.
Last edited by Lazors; May 25, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Bulletron: Oh...so that's who they are...thank you! ^ ^
Lazors: Yes, I understand your opinion. It just sums up to that our public media is corrupt. Nothing more, nothing less.
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
i can tell you what genre i dont like

progressive house is one of the laziest pieces of shit ever
"hey i'll make some chords and slap a drum pattern on there wow im so innovative"
shmevin eats smegma