Toribash
Luckily the mobo you listed maxs at 32gigs so that's nice
Very good job Lane I'm extremely impressed, did not expect you to be into computers :o
Also, I'm a dick and don't feel like searching is there a cooler case?
I like things with LCD's, they make it easier to see things when I need to plug something in.

And something I didn't list, Speakers! I need some good speakers too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
If you ever decide to get into editing I recommend going with 16 gigs, what I've got now (8 gigs) struggles a fair bit during rendering and other stuff.

As for cases, just look around. It's all personal preference but id run it by lane or someone because they may look cool but they could suck ass

Read the reviews.. They're helpful
Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
Wow, Thanks!
I have a question though, can you get a nice in between of enthusiastic and extremist an have it under my budget?
I'd like to have more than 8 gigs of ram as well and I have zero computer building experience so I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to fuck things up and order parts that will overheat due to not getting something good enough for it and etc.
I'd like to build this computer as well not fuck it up ;o

I'd love it if someone could link me to some good tutorials and stuff cause I'm confused as fuck ;o,

And I'd like to here opinions on either liquid cooled or just a fan, which is better and what are some cons to both of them

the youtube link i gave you in the first page also has tutorials, good luck and the video also has 16gb i believe
When Will Chaney take back his fucking 3,000 Christmas hats
Well I can't watch youtube videos because the laptop I have now is shitty and from like 2004 and yeah
-----
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=10
You need three monitors D:, Well will I be able to run three monitors on this setup and would run decently? D:
Healp
Last edited by Natejas; Jan 5, 2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Originally Posted by Natejas
And I'd like to here opinions on either liquid cooled or just a fan, which is better and what are some cons to both of them

Liquid cooling is going to be very cool but again you do not need it unless you're going to overclock into the extremes. Which you have stated that you're not.
Fan cooling is cheaper and a decent HSF also allows for a little overclocking. The only issue is that you're unlikely to get temps that much below room temperature because physics.

Originally Posted by Natejas
Would this fan (http://www.amazon.com/PHANTEKS-PH-TC...ogicaincrem-20) Make a good repalcement for Lane's liquid cooler?

Overkill.
Since you're not overclocking I will again recommend you just stick with the stock fan that comes with the CPU. Because it's free and it'll work just fine.

If you're intent on getting an aftermarket HSF, I would recommend the Cooler Master 212+ or the 212 EVO.
Both of which offer excellent performance for their price. Unfortunately this also means everyone on the planet wants to buy them so they're often out of stock.

Again I must stress that you will be fine with the stock fan unless you decided to overclock.

Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=10
You need three monitors D:, Well will I be able to run three monitors on this setup and would run decently? D:
Healp

Mmmm... no not decently. The 2gb GTX770 can handle triple monitors, but you're going to be saying goodbye to your deliciously smooth framerate on modern games.
For best performance you're going to be looking at SLI with two cards (say, two 760s or 660ti's), OR you could get the 4gb GTX770 which will perform better on multiple monitors than the 2gb model.
Both of those options are very expensive - not to mention the price of 3 monitors.

You CAN do it with your current card but I can't say whether you're going to have smooth frames. Not to say games won't be playable. They certainly will, it just won't look as smooth if you've got them cranked to Ultra etc.
And of course if it does cause problems you can always just use a single monitor for more demanding games.
(Also you don't need 3 monitors, one is fine, two is great for multitasking so you can play games fullscreen on one and mess around on the internet on the other etc :P)
Last edited by 4zb41; Jan 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM.
Yeah, the computer Lane set up for you is pretty decent. The video card is around 1/3 of the whole computer's price, and most of the other gear would certainly make a fantastic gaming desktop.
My only advice is if you don't absolutely need an Intel CPU (Its a better brand, but the price also gets higher), I would suggest going for something more like this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113331
I know even with your Intel CPU your still well in your budget, but it could be worth having a faster CPU for less, with only a slightly worse brand.

Advice for the actual building of your PC? I suggest you have an anti-static wristband to wear as you build the PC and touch all the components. Static could harm your computer.
Also, this is a great video to guide you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

A good keyboard which also looks nice is the Logitech G710. It has backlit keys, plenty of macro keys and a nice palm rest. You can find it here.
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...aming-keyboard

Good luck, and happy gaming :P
Last edited by Laser; Jan 6, 2014 at 05:18 AM.
S A D B O Y S
4zb41is probably right, you won't need the liquid cooler unless you're going to be overclocking. I mostly included it since it fits in the budget and is good for future-proofing your build in case you ever want to upgrade or overclock in the future
contemplating on overclocking and I want three monitors for ENHANCED GAMEPLAY because three 24'' monitors would be badass for gaming
what all would need to be upgraded in order to obtain 50-80FPS with three monitors?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
I don't think upgrading to a GTX780 Ti would really help much with triple monitors, so you'd probably have to have two 760s or upgrade to the 4gb 770 like exactly what 4zb41said.

The problem is that these options will probably make the build out of your budget.