Toribash
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
So, now when a band is good and a lot of people like them, they automatically suck because people like them? Get over yourselves.

No. That's not the reason. The fact that a lot of people like them is testament not to their suckiness, but to that of the music industry.

The band itself is bad because of a combination of bad singing, bad instrumentation, stupid songwriting, awful live performances, and that their music sounds predominantly the same no matter what song of theirs one listens to.

That being said, they have one good song. Fix You, from X&Y is just that.
I think Coldplay is actually good i own 3 cds and viva la vida is very adiccting,the songs they make are different in good away.
Last edited by Katzen; May 27, 2009 at 02:50 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
º7th Dan Black Beltº
º[vibe]º
ºJoin my fan club!º
/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ(
 じしf_ )ノ

Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
No. That's not the reason. The fact that a lot of people like them is testament not to their suckiness, but to that of the music industry.

The band itself is bad because of a combination of bad singing, bad instrumentation, stupid songwriting, awful live performances, and that their music sounds predominantly the same no matter what song of theirs one listens to.

That being said, they have one good song. Fix You, from X&Y is just that.

Yea, because its not a matter of opinion or anything.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Yea, because its not a matter of opinion or anything.

Why are people so quick to jump on the "music is all a matter of opinion" train ?
while personal taste does come into things to an extent, there is, most definitely "good music" and "shit music". Coldplay sailed to the top on the general belief that they were making good music, even though the majority of their songs are pretty uninspired. Poor lyrics, godawful live performances and stealing other artist's chord progressions and melodies are a few concrete reasons to dislike them.

I'd agree with spore that "Fix you" is a nice little tune, and that not all of their music is totally awful. But it has to be remembered that coldplay are very limited musicians, and their music is by no means "srs bsnss"
Fix you and Till Kingdom Come

Medicore band with two good songs.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Coldplay has a couple catchy tunes but no, they are not particularly creative or deep.
Can't stand the singer's voice.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.