people playing: 194, servers online: 63, games played: 136,881,835 Top Player: Savior4

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic » Gaming Chat
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Jun 18, 2017   #11
+suomynona

Not a Belt
Clan: spirit

Roguelikes are generally RPGs, and there's plenty of them. See RogueBasin.

It sounds like it fits closer into the mold of Diablo 2 or 3 though, since as far as I can tell you're talking about an essentially real time RPG with procedurally generated worlds. That being said, that's not exactly a bad premise, but it might not be particularly competitive either. Though don't get too tied into whether or not people have done things like it before if you're just doing it for fun and as a hobby, you'll definitely get more out of a project by doing it rather than scrapping it because it's been done before.
"Hey MS sinking TC is easy" "But suo, you put the end date as December" "Oh. So I did. ...that's not nearly as efficient."

Remember, Toxic is a high-visibility color, suitable for radioactive waste and safety vests.
suomynona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017   #12
жFluxorious

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: WAPOW

Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Roguelikes are generally RPGs, and there's plenty of them. See RogueBasin.

It sounds like it fits closer into the mold of Diablo 2 or 3 though, since as far as I can tell you're talking about an essentially real time RPG with procedurally generated worlds. That being said, that's not exactly a bad premise, but it might not be particularly competitive either. Though don't get too tied into whether or not people have done things like it before if you're just doing it for fun and as a hobby, you'll definitely get more out of a project by doing it rather than scrapping it because it's been done before.

Yeah, I can't disagree with anything you've just said. My Goal also is to make a fast-paced skill based combat system unlike clicking on an enemy and waiting for him to get killed. That will need a ton of work though.
I won't rush it nonetheless.
-----
Added 3 more Screenshots

The Screens I added

Last edited by Fluxorious; Jun 18, 2017 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Fluxorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2017   #13
жFluxorious

3rd Dan Black Belt

Second Devlog is out!
Old Oct 16, 2017   #14
+Elite
The One And Only

God Belt
Clan: fl0w

Originally Posted by Fluxorious View Post
Second Devlog is out!

Just gonna post that the video doesnt work
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017   #15
жFluxorious

3rd Dan Black Belt

Yup, thanks for pointing it out, but it actually is made private on purpose because the video format will change ^^

This whole thread should be updated at some point