ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
im pretty sure the elbow also rotates
how else am i rotating my forearm without moving my shoulder
are you shy? That's cute ;)
"how else am i rotating my forearm without moving my shoulder"
Feels like a wrist rotation to me
Last edited by Chazer; Jun 2, 2017 at 11:18 PM.
Originally Posted by Icosagon View Post
im pretty sure the elbow also rotates
how else am i rotating my forearm without moving my shoulder

your just rotating your shoulder while extending and contracting your elbow. ripperino
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
your just rotating your shoulder while extending and contracting your elbow. ripperino

Nah, just rest your elbow on something and try to move your forearm, only the forearm rotates everything else isn't
Try rotating your hand without rotating your forearm and you'll quite clearly see where the rotation is coming from.
Even adding joints to wrists, elbows or shoulders still wouldnt get you anywhere near the realistic range of movement, as currently the legs are rather limited, when compared to their real life counteparts aswell.
As Parrot already pointed out, even adding just one joint would make the game tons more complicated. Thus I think it would be best implementd as optional in the rules or something that can be modded in.
Though I personally would rather see them ditch the whole clumsy four state joint system for something new and more eleqant(maybe something like in minibash, but in 3D and lot more fleshed out).

So I quess the question to ask here is:
Will there be a new control system for toris or will you stick close to the system we currently have?
[The Team]
<largekilla> You are going to give me cancer
Can I wear the Santa beard and Santa hat (2013 version) at the same time in the new toribash.
Originally Posted by Obazu View Post
Try rotating your hand without rotating your forearm and you'll quite clearly see where the rotation is coming from.
Even adding joints to wrists, elbows or shoulders still wouldnt get you anywhere near the realistic range of movement, as currently the legs are rather limited, when compared to their real life counteparts aswell.
As Parrot already pointed out, even adding just one joint would make the game tons more complicated. Thus I think it would be best implementd as optional in the rules or something that can be modded in.
Though I personally would rather see them ditch the whole clumsy four state joint system for something new and more eleqant(maybe something like in minibash, but in 3D and lot more fleshed out).

So I quess the question to ask here is:
Will there be a new control system for toris or will you stick close to the system we currently have?

Some time ago I suggested improving mobility by making limb parts clickable. So for example, clicking on a forearm would rotate it (along with distal attached parts like wrist and hand) around its axis a certain amount (~ 90 degrees). Clicking a bicep would also rotate it (and everything attached to it like forearm, wrist and hand), only about 1/2 as much. This mechanic would give arms very realistic range of motion, only lacking 1 more degree of freedom in the wrists. And this could also apply to other limb parts, like thighs.

This approach would have the benefit of not cluttering the model with more joints, and I also think it's pretty intuitive.
horrible idea unless you have 5 minutes to make your move
My way or no way, totalatarian.
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
horrible idea unless you have 5 minutes to make your move

I doubt that there would be significant effect on time, since nothing is forcing you to use all joints/bodyparts on every move. When I play I typically just change 4-5 joints per turn.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
I doubt that there would be significant effect on time, since nothing is forcing you to use all joints/bodyparts on every move. When I play I typically just change 4-5 joints per turn.

maybe you do, but i know that many people move more than that especially in competitive matches. This would also double the difficulty for new players to learn the game and probably cause a ton of DM's from weird torque pressure.
My way or no way, totalatarian.