Ranking
Honestly, Pig is completely ignoring the fact that many users have already called him out on his bullshit. Most of the people he listed have never married a man, and those who did, got married very recently. Also, if you are looking for a place men have been denied marriage. Look at the fucking topic.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
all countries.

Not true.

no you didnt.

1.Salvador Dali, a straight man who married 2 differnet women
2.Elton John, married in 2014 (not the 20th century) the year gay marriage was legalised in the UK
3.Freddie Mercury, was never married to a man.

please name me some more people who got married in the 20th century.

All 3 were homosexual and all 3 were married.

what are you on about?

Blindly spout meaningless statistics, get meaningless statistics spouted back at you.

Im not honestly too sure what relevance this point has, but from your link:

@immortalpig, the basis of the argument we are having is that you say

50 years ago gay marriage was illegal everywhere in the world. Ergo you are in fact saying that having no right to marriage is the same as having a right to marriage.

Well that's simply not true.

While you could argue that "oh in Arabia homosexuals are assaulted so they will just hide in their home forever and not be married" that's not a very solid argument, and doesn't show that denial of marriage based on sexuality existed.

You certainly couldn't argue the same for the ENTIRE world...
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
All 3 were homosexual and all 3 were married.

Seriously ImmortalPig. THEY MARRIED WOMEN. NOT MEN. How clearer can we be? Also, saying that two men have never been denied marriage? Look at the topic of this thread.
since immortal pig is now just denying facts i am out

the reason he cant find a single person married in the 1900s is because there were none. It was illegal during that period of time throughout the whole world. Gay marriage simply did not exist

and if any of you are still thinking he might not be just lying, search up the 3 celebrities he mentioned and see who they married and when.

With that im done.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Well I guess Pig is actually in the right.

You see, his argument is right. Two men have always had the same marriage rights as a man and a woman. The problem is nobody specified that the marriage was to happen between the 2 men, just that those 2 men had the same rights as a man and a woman.

I believe this is the original point he answered to:

Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
That is not what he is referring to. He is referring to how marriage has been around for such a long time, and stating that marriage is not even important anymore is a stupid thing to say. There are both legal reasons and traditional reasons as to why people want to get married. For two men to not have the same rights as a man and a woman is unjust, and violated the fourteenth amendment.

And yes, he is right. If a homosexual man was to marry a woman, they would not ask him his sexuality at the register, because it didn't matter. As Pig said:
While you could argue that "oh in Arabia homosexuals are assaulted so they will just hide in their home forever and not be married" that's not a very solid argument, and doesn't show that denial of marriage based on sexuality existed.

All those 3 celebrities follow that rule. Even if gay, they were married.

It wasn't gays that were denied marriage, it was marriage between two gays that was denied.
For example, If a lesbian woman wanted to get married to a gay man, they would give them the license. Nobody would point out their homosexuality and deny their marriage.

And yes, I guess Pig had the right to rip into this like that, because the general argument on this thread was that "those two men (going from the Kim Davis case) have been denied marriage because of their sexuality". Which is technically untrue.

But Pig, for the sake of trying to maybe push this discussion somewhere other than mindless bickering on this one subject, could you stop basically baiting them and realize that what they meant was that marriage between two homosexuals was banned? or otherwise we will just start to get shitposts that just consist of "no pig is wrong here let me show you proof everybody already posted"

that was atleast my take on what Pig is saying, correct me if I am wrong Pig.
Last edited by duck; Sep 21, 2015 at 08:18 AM.
h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
But Pig, for the sake of trying to maybe push this discussion somewhere other than mindless bickering on this one subject, could you stop basically baiting them and realize that what they meant was that marriage between two homosexuals was banned?

If they don't say what they mean and they don't mean what they say, then it's impossible to reply at all, so yeah I'll stick to discussing what was said, but it's quite telling that apparently you are the only person who has even a faint clue about the law of practically any country in the world.
If they don't say what they mean and they don't mean what they say, then it's impossible to reply at all, so yeah I'll stick to discussing what was said, but it's quite telling that apparently you are the only person who has even a faint clue about the law of practically any country in the world.

Do you seriously require that every argument is phrased like its spoken to a fucking retarded person? Everyone and their mother in this thread knew we we're talking about two gay men (or possibly women) marrying each other. Sure it wasn't explicitly stated (or it kinda actually was), but you know, there are things like context and implication in discussion, which only a full blown autist ignores.
This is what I/we meant when we said you ruin discussion. You argue semantics with meaningless arguments, thus ruining relevant discussion about the subject. You've done nothing to benefit this discussion, only get people upset with your funny word game arguments.

"well technically I was arguing the point correctly hurrdurrhurrdurrr, gay men can marry hurrdurrhuu, im 100% logical"

Your arguments are 100% worthless.

If you want to play word games and argue meaningless semantics state it before your argument.
Last edited by cowmeat; Sep 21, 2015 at 12:18 PM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
we we're talking about two gay men (or possibly women) marrying each other.

You argue semantics with meaningless arguments

The distinction between "change the definition of marriage" and "ban people with deviant sexualities from marrying" is non-trivial.

In most (all?) countries same sex marriage simply does not exist by definition, social norm, and cultural custom - this is not at all the same as persecution of sexual minorities, and shouldn't be framed as such.

The perversion of reality to the point where "marriage equality" means "being able to marry whatever you want" is ridiculous. That's like complaining that apples aren't in the dairy section - they aren't dairy, so why would they be? Are fruits being denied their dairy equality? No, of course not, that argument is beyond absurd, the truth of the situation is that the term 'dairy' does not encompass apples, or any fruit, it actually refers to milk products.

Although it does amuse me when people spouting loaded propaganda are called out and get really mad/whiny, it's much more interesting if the crying is kept to a minimum, so try stay on topic and cut the flaming next time (don't want to get yourself banned do you?).

In most (all?) countries same sex marriage simply does not exist by definition, social norm, and cultural custom - this is not at all the same as persecution of sexual minorities, and shouldn't be framed as such.

Too much troll/stupidity, I'm out. I'm just going to get too upset.
If they don't say what they mean and they don't mean what they say, then it's impossible to reply at all.

It was so fuckin obvious someone explained/worded his "same sex marriage" point poorly and you clung to it for 8 fucking pages...

It always is possible to understand what someone means depending on the context, and reply accordingly to his/her idea even if the wording wasn't perfect, especially after 8 pages if you're not stupid af. This is an international community, english isn't everyone's mother tongue, and even anglophones make mistake.

I'm alright with arguing a point for the sake of arguing and pushing people to think, but destroying/trolling a whole discussion because you think it's funny to base your whole "position" on someone's formulation mistake, then I don't know why the fuck they allow you to speak on the discussion board in the first place.