Toribash
Original Post
School Uniforms
16.5% of all the public schools in the United States required students to wear uniforms. In addition, 54% enforce a strict dress code.
I personally agree but disagree with uniforms in school.
There are definately 2 sides to this argument 1 being Uniforms keep kids inline
and some may even say non uniforms can make a student less in order/obedient.
Another side is that uniform restricts personal expression and allows
students to have their own style and unique touch. Limiting these things
some people beleive could lead to even bigger personal choices being made for them.
Let me know your opinions.
In high school it was a drag, people just want to be different at that age and set themselves apart from one another. Now that I am older I can see the benefits of a school uniform. One major part of a school uniform that I find to beneficial is quite the opposite of the point above, it means everyone looks the same, and therefore can't be judged on their attire. Teenagers can be dicks, and if you or your family can't afford to keep up with the latest trends you may be ridiculed. Enforcing school uniforms removes this problem, schools will often allow you to purchase the uniform through them with weekly payments if you can't afford it up front. All in all I think they are a good thing, and I'm finding it very difficult to think of any down sides.
the one and only solutions to solve both sides is going to school naked.
no its really like that... teachers n stuff want their school to be represented how they imagine it but the school is full with different scenes/fashion. because of the world situation this solution is not able, thats why you just have to deal with your school and get through it with good grades.
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
16.5% of all the public schools in the United States required students to wear uniforms. In addition, 54% enforce a strict dress code.
I personally agree but disagree with uniforms in school.
There are definately 2 sides to this argument 1 being Uniforms keep kids inline
and some may even say non uniforms can make a student less in order/obedient.

The reason kids don't behave in school often isn't because they are irresponsible or immature people, trying to keep them "in line" is the wrong way to think about this. They just don't give a shit about most of school and most teachers fail to give them reasons to anyway since trying to convince a kid who wants to be a forest ranger that this visual arts class is reaaaaally important!! is not easy.

Plus school uniforms always kinda sounded like trouble to me, i assume parents either have to buy multiple uniforms and have them ready like a walt disney mickey wardrobe or have a few and have to wash and iron them often
oh yeah
Eh I like uniform since my family is somewhat poor and when we do have non school uniform, I always get picked on for always wearing the same shit because I have nothing else, boy I would knock them out if I wouldn't get expelled.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
What type of school do you go to ? getting picked on for wearing the same clothes mad. Because I'm in top set for all subjects so are my friends I use my intelligence to boast against stupid people
Well I go to one of the best free schools in my country so basically everyone there is smart so I don't have that option. But I would like to stop talking about my personal life. School uniform is also pretty uncomfortable with wearing all of that stuff on plus a backpack that weighs a tonne.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
I wore school uniform almost all my school life, and it wasn't that bad.. Kinda convenient actually.. You don't have to worry about what to wear.. But my school uniform was pretty simple. We just had to wear our school tees and jeans, joggers, or dark colored bottoms and whatever closed toe footwear... I took ROTC for two years and uniforms like that would be a hassle to wear every day
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I don't know- I feel like school uniforms take away from a lot of kids being able to express themselves.