Ranking
Original Post
Add rule to clans section about unique name
So, currently the only rule regarding clan names seems to be that you can't change your clans name into one already taken by someone else, and i would think we'd have one about making sure you were in the clear when making the clan aswell, but alas no:

this seems like a escalation of the issue we had of clans taking our clans name and making a single letter/character change, and somehow the clan squad in all it's magnificent enlightenment has since made the above possible.

Anyhow, best of luck to Svane, currently that name seems to be up for grabs unless a rules change is made.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Uh, so what exactly are you suggesting? Svane looks to be Damned clan member, am I missing something?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Uh, so what exactly are you suggesting? Svane looks to be Damned clan member, am I missing something?

currently i could create a dsc for a new clan; using the name damned and it would not be against the rules. the reason I noticed is cause i started delving into the brackets used; atm you cannot change your name into one of an officially recognized clan, but there is no limitations on the number of clans with the same name.
You can't create a clan with the same name or tag as any existing clan already owns, the fact that you can make a thread with a title of an existing clan doesn't mean you've created a clan.
There is now the option to add a trial rank to your clan which would give any member in that rank {} brackets. Not sure if it only works with official clans or if anyone has the option.

Svane is simply in Damned's trial rank

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by sir View Post
You can't create a clan with the same name or tag as any existing clan already owns, the fact that you can make a thread with a title of an existing clan doesn't mean you've created a clan.

There is no rule in the clan section outlining this restriction.
That's common sense, why'd you even want to make a clan dsc for a clan that does not exist? Obviously such threads would get closed, doesn't matter if there's a written rule for that or not.

Anyway I understood what you meant, that's not a suggestion but rather a complaint regarding current rules. If you insist on it being an actual issue (we aka staff don't think it is), you can contact CS again directly.