Toribash
Original Post
Need parkour teacher
I've tried to do the youtube run many times before and i decided to come back to toribash and do it again, yet i yield the same result each time, my left leg kicks too far up into the air, i've tried holding my abs and other versions of the youtube run kinda, yet it still happens.
With the tutorials, you aren't supposed to do exactly what they teach you every time, a big part of parkouring is improvising.
The tutorials are just meant to give you a framework to build off from.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Although the tutorials on youtube hold a lot of useful information, the guides are not beginner friendly in the slightest. Furthermore, the majority of the videos have no commentary to convey the information stated. Also most lack the to point out frequently asked questions. Guides for beginners should be beginner friendly.Making a 30-minute video of information that could only be applied in some of the parkour maps (without stating that) could be frustrating for new players. So fairly soon I will be making a video series starting from the basic mechanics to advanced.
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Although the tutorials on youtube hold a lot of useful information, the guides are not beginner friendly in the slightest. Furthermore, the majority of the videos have no commentary to convey the information stated. Also most lack the to point out frequently asked questions. Guides for beginners should be beginner friendly.Making a 30-minute video of information that could only be applied in some of the parkour maps (without stating that) could be frustrating for new players. So fairly soon I will be making a video series starting from the basic mechanics to advanced.

Well have you seen mochucha's old free fun video? It actually has a lot of good points to keep in mind, but also it should only be used as something to start you off from.

Vid

Last edited by Lucy; Jul 31, 2017 at 12:54 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
You may be able to request a teacher for parkour here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=559233

Just check to see if there is a parkour teacher that can go in-game with you and help. If there is not, try PM'ing a Help Squad member.
.Khur
Yeah, like Khur said, there are a couple people who can help you to where you want to get. But the fun of sparring/parkouring is just experimenting with it. Try having fun with it, you never know what might happen.
:)
Not sure if you abandoned thread, but I need to ask, have you already practiced balancing yet? If not it'll be worth it to learn that first, a good way to learn in my opinion is playing mods with balls and just try to keep the ball moving, or just play with a friend, it'll make learning less of a hassle.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by EvilTorified View Post
HEY! YOU ARE THE BEST TEACHER. Improve your Experience

This thread is 3 weeks old, and the user that made it also has been inactive for 3 weeks. There really isn't much reason to bump this thread like this. Closing.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]