Ranking
Original Post
Environmental/background objects
I realised after posting the thread that "environmental objects" is the name in place for the objects already in game. Let's just take them as "background objects".

So for the "" event I made a mod, to suit my entry's replay, that needed both a large scenery and close up shots with details. With toribash's current limitation of 128 objects, that seemed impossible, but I managed to bypass it by including elements of the urban atmosphere (using the atmo script).

Although I do not have a very fancy computer, it was just fine, barely any fps drops.

Then, instead of allowing more usable objects (FOR NOW), why not let the modmakers either :

a) Add "background" objects that wouldn't have any substance (aka other objects/toris would clip right through it)

b) Have the atmo script pre-installed, and let the mod remember which atmo you selected (much like the shaders), so we could automatically incorporate them, and it'd encourage people to start working on atmosphere, which could bring us a LOT of nice sceneries in the future.

tl;dr Having the possibility to add background objects with custom atmospheres could allow us to make much much prettier mods.

For future reference, atmo thread, and this is the mod to load with the urban atmo, if you wish to check out what I mean by incorporating backgrounds with physical objects)
Last edited by DashSora; Apr 9, 2016 at 09:25 PM.
I think atmospheres should have there own .lua script ingame along with the command that is ingame.Supported
Last edited by Odinie; Apr 11, 2016 at 12:38 AM.
This has been suggested before, and got a lot of support.
It's a great idea, and clearly already possible since the Atmos script handles it quite well.
A simple toggle option for blocks would make it simple and hopefully easy to implement.
Very supported.
PM me with any and all questions
Love the idea 100%
Supported.

For anyone with a worse computer just include an /opt background 0 command.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I'm not sure if you can right now, but if you could have textured objects and skybox then you can 'fake' a lot of objects easily.
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Love the idea 100%
Supported.

For anyone with a worse computer just include an /opt background 0 command.

As much as it is a good idea, you should see my mod without the atmo... It looks really nothing like it x) just floating stuff... Now Imagine a mod with loads of background objects without it

I'd like to add that I recently was working on a new parkour mod that would have the players follow a certain path in a huge environment that's basically copy pastes (basically this).

I could've had those unused platforms be background objects, and solely made my path with the physical ones. Instead, I had to make one simple path. (And even then I lacked objects to make it as pretty as I wanted it to be ><)
Last edited by DashSora; Apr 12, 2016 at 06:29 PM.