ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Report Thread rules for staff.
Currently, how a user's report is handled depends completely on the personality of whichever staff deals with their case. For example, person 1 reports person 2 for rigging, but person 2 is innocent. Staff member 1 sees sufficient evidence to ban person 2 but staff member 2 does not. How person 2 is treated depends on which staff member gets to them first, or whichever one is bothered to deal with the report at all. Staff members with the same personality as staff member 1 support person 1's report. However, within that group of staff members, how person 2 is treated is still dependent on which staff member deals with person 1's case. Staff member 3 supports person 1's case, but doesn't want to ban person 2 without a chance to prove their innocence so staff member 3 messages person 2 and gives person 2 24h to respond to the report with their side of the story. Staff member 1, however, would ban person 2 without giving the user a chance to prove their innocence. Now person 2 will have a harder time sharing their side of the story as it can be hard getting your story supported when you're banned (I've experienced being ignored in the ban appeals thread all too well).

The example above is why I would like to introduce rules for staff members when dealing with public reports on the report thread, here are examples of rules that can be introduced:

If a user(s) is reported;
- send the reported user(s) a notification of the report and give the user(s) 24h to respond. If they fail to respond, take necessary action based on legitimacy of the reporter's evidence or statements of witnesses.

If the user(s) is found guilty;
- ban for (however long depending on the offense), if the user was banned for a repeated offense, double the ban time.

- check their ban appeals, failure to respond to their ban appeals will result in a warning, if this continues, you will be awarded infraction points for ignoring a user's appeal.

I just believe things like this should be introduced to clean up how reports are dealt because right now I don't see any formality or any kind of process to it, with the exception of scam reports.

Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Maybe, and I'm just throwing ideas around, make it a rule that if a banned player requests for a second opinion of someone other than the person handling their appeal, they will get one. It would work in the same fashion as how asking for a lawyer in America does. If they ask for another opinion the staff member must get one before deciding anything else. The pros are that bias is less likely to happen, but the cons are that your appeal may take longer to be completed.

This will make it the players responsible for asking for another opinion. Of you fail to ask and you later cry about bias then that's on you. If you ask and the staff member fails to get you one before making a decision they will be punished.

Last edited by Kradel; Apr 14, 2016 at 02:52 PM.
blue
pink
That's called an appeal xD we have those already. That's pretty much what they do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I guess so xD but the way I mentioned is kinda more controlled. 'Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a set amount of time a banned player (specifically a perma-banned player) has to wait until their appeal has a good chance of being accepted. Like with my example, I waited a month and nothing happened. I forgot if I applied a few months later but overall I waited almost 9 months I believe but for all I know it would have been safe to write up an appeal 3 months earlier. Though the fact I didn't know when I could appeal with a good chance also drove me away from the game. I only came back because I got bored of Battlefield 4 lol.
blue
pink