ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Betting system improvements
I think the bet-frames should be locked in place after the first two turns. The room op should be unable to change the frames to 300 to put in a last second bet in a situation where who will win is obvious. I made a report about someone doing it here
It's unfair and defeats the purpose of the bet-frames feature.

I think any changes done to the bet-frames after the first two turns, (or possibly any time where the current bet-frames has expired) should become effective after the match ends.

Also, I think there should be an "auto-cancel bets" command that will automatically cancel bets if a given amount of tc is not countered. (Or if no tc is countered at all) The amount of tc could be set as a percentage of the highest total amount bet on one player.

For example:

Pindar set auto-cancel to 10%
Hampa placed a 2000 tc bet on player1
Erth placed a 50 tc bet on player2
Skulfuk placed a 100 tc bet on player1
All bets canceled. Counter was less than 10%

the total on player1 was 2100, and the total for player2 was 50, only a 2% counter, not worth it for hampa or skulfuk.
Last edited by Pindar; Jan 28, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've seen it done too. I agree 100%.
-----
Also i'm not so sure about the autocancel bets if their is a small counter. I agree with autocancel bets only if there are no counters. If people bet what they can i guess it's still a counter.
Last edited by Cowboy; Jan 22, 2013 at 05:12 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) eat clen tren hard, anavar give up
right, but it doesn't have to be used. It's a command that the op can choose to apply if he wants to. I just think that it should be an option. If YOU were the op, you would set the auto-cancel to 0, meaning it would cancel all bets only if there is no counter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well that actually sounds a lot better. I guess now i really am with you 100% on that one.
( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) eat clen tren hard, anavar give up
Generally not supporting the idea you have right now.
The entire point of betting is to bet on the person who wins. The fact that sometimes there's shitty counters is due to the fact that not every person is rich. Sometimes people have more so they bet a lot expecting other people to do the same.
Also auto-cancel for lower counter or none, pointless addition, op can do it themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Yea the op can do it, but only if they are paying close attention. This feature would be much more convenient and hassle-free. And since it's mostly up to the op to run the room however he wants, I think a minimum percentage counter would be a great feature for ops who want to run their betting room that way. It could, however cause issues with people not knowing how much tc they have to bet to be valid so a /bet 10% command would go well with this
-----
Autocancel might be a flawed idea, but I think the first point i mentioned is still important to consider. Changing the betframes to steal profits is unfair.
Last edited by Pindar; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If its a Private bet server then the op can do whatever he wants.
not supported.
Proud Leader of [Ethereal]
This seems like a very good idea.
/support
I've been hacked 2 years ago, Now i'm back, Nice to see you all.
Cancel bets when dont have any counters - Yes.
Cancel bets when you have small counters - No.

Thats simple, bet is a risk, if you wont take the risk, dont bet.
~ [Tribe]Shade ~
auto cancel bets when there is a small counter?
what if the small counter wins!??
he gets the money so its good
its called betting!
and there is minimum amount to bet so that could be used
INB4 14 days ban