Toribash
Original Post
Military Experience
Hello people I don't know I'm making this thread to answer some questions I have about the US military. I am currently a senior in highschool, going to be seventeen in a month and have had the military route after highschool in mind for quite some time now. As of right now I've been leaning towards the Marines, the recruiter is great at his job I'll just say that. Now to get to my point I really have a ton of questions, I really dont know what all to expect and I honestly dont even know if I want to go this branch of military so I just want to get some opinions and stuff like that. I've been told Air Force due to benefits, I've been told Army due to ranking, and I've been told Marines because you get to call yourself a Marine. I just dont know enough about each branch to really know what is right for me.

Additional Info;
ASVAB: 88
Really enjoy mathematics.
Really want to get into software development and/or mechanical or electrical engineering as a career.
PT and Boot will be fine for me, I'd consider myself more than capable of any of the branches PT restrictions(Achieving perfect scores in PT)

So I'm looking for anyone who has experience in the military or anyone who is a knowledgeable source, I'd talk to my recruiter about it but I know he's just trying to tell me what I want to hear. Any kind of information is appreciated, anything from past experiences, tips, what to expect, and what you would recommend. I'm also more than okay with answering any questions you may have so feel free to ask.
Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
The marines will beat you up. Thos are the guys going to still go die for some reason in some other country.

The Navy, from my dads words, if you join the main fleet, expect everyone to hate eachother. Go Seal or EOD for sure.

The Army is old and outdated to tradition(like the navy lol). I just don't want to live in the barracks there, else I might have decided to look into it. Maybe its easier to make rank, but idk.

The airforce is what I am going into personally. They provide more sanitary living conditions in the barracks and is the newest, cleanest, etc branch in the US.

This is not all the info of course for these branches.

It doesn't really matter all too much about what branch imo. The military changes so much all the time aswell. I would just make sure you put that asvab score to use and leech the money you can with a good job in the forces.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
The airforce is what I am going into personally. They provide more sanitary living conditions in the barracks and is the newest, cleanest, etc branch in the US.

Now I brought this up to the marine recruiter a couple days ago and he got out his big ass book and what not and showed me some layout of the barracks and he said that barracks are the same across the board, what makes you say the air force is any better or cleaner than the other branches?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Recruiters do that. I hate to say it, but I've had recruiters come to my rotc course in highschool saying that with giggles. The recruiters will twist things. All they want is for you to join their branch.

Anywho, I wouldn't worry about that too much. If you want to join the marines, cool. I would research it on the webs, but make sure you get a good job in the marines if you go, maybe one that has some extra pay.
Thanks Link, I would love more opinions on this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli