Ranking
Original Post
Any Fitness nuts that can help me?
I don't know if this is the correct place to put post this but I'm not too happy with my current physical form. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on equipment. Or to go to the gym.

I was hoping someone could help me create a daily routine and give me some general advice to help me get a bit more fit. I don't want to be a body builder or anything just to be able to lift the things that need to be lifted without wearing myself out. And not to have a belly that looks like I drink.

I have some weights at my house access to a bike and some other things that could possibly help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post
I don't know if this is the correct place to put post this but I'm not too happy with my current physical form. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on equipment. Or to go to the gym.

I was hoping someone could help me create a daily routine and give me some general advice to help me get a bit more fit. I don't want to be a body builder or anything just to be able to lift the things that need to be lifted without wearing myself out. And not to have a belly that looks like I drink.

I have some weights at my house access to a bike and some other things that could possibly help.

Once you have a more particularly specific goal, I'd point you in the direction of the right routine for you. Is it strength? Size? Muscle endurance? Losing fat?
I would recommend you swimming, since it isn't that expensive and is like the best sport to stay/get fit anyway (might be a bit subjective, since I was swimming for quite a long time). Practically no stress on your bones and stuff aswell.

Jogging doesn't change your appearance much, but it still really helps with your endurance.
Don't overkill with only endurance though. For example: My father once wanted to lose much weight in quite a short time to win a bet, but he mostly burned muscles, so that he became weaker

Working with your own body weight should be good enough for strenght, since you said you don't want to be a "body-builder". So simply do pushups, pullups and all that stuff on a regular basis.

You need to be more specific at want you want to achieve, as Bodhisattva said, then I might get more detailled aswell.
Keep a healthy diet too, you cant drink fizzy drinks and fast foods, not saying you are.

Also find stuff at home and in your garden for strengthening, like tree branches, lifting pots or something, be creative.
Hi Im Travem :)
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Once you have a more particularly specific goal, I'd point you in the direction of the right routine for you. Is it strength? Size? Muscle endurance? Losing fat?

Fat and I would like to build some strenght.
Originally Posted by Travem View Post
Keep a healthy diet too, you cant drink fizzy drinks and fast foods, not saying you are.

Also find stuff at home and in your garden for strengthening, like tree branches, lifting pots or something, be creative.

I don't drunk as much soda anymore and I've been buying more fruits, vegetables, grains, and what not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Full body workouts frequently with a lot of water is the way to go. You will burn fat, get smaller, and develop strength at the same time with more defined muscles. Put your energy that is creating fat into building muscle will help.

Make sure you work out after you burn all your carbs so you can get to at juicy fat. (once you hit that "I need more oxygen" phase, thats when you start burning your fat.)

Thats what I would do

Alternatively, you can go to youtube, etc. Internet is the best.
Last edited by Link; Jul 6, 2016 at 02:03 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Completely eliminating soft drinks will do a lot of good for you as well as anything else high in suger

Experience

Ignore anyone telling you to remove anything from your diet. That's stupid.

If you're looking to gain strength and lose fat, I recommend finding out how many calories you need to maintain in a day (use something like the Mifflin St.Jeor equation for that), then subtract 350-500 calories from that. Not more. You're cutting so you'll need more protein than usual, 1.2g per kg of bw will be sufficient. Then lift heavy compound barbell movements in a 1 to 5 rep scheme. Lift heavy ass weight, with very long rest in between sets (3 to 8 minutes).

Gaining strength is mostly a nervous system thing, so mentality, pre-workout, giving yourself adequate rest, and eating carbs prior to your workout is all you'll need.

Any 5x5 program like Icecreamfitness will do.
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Ignore anyone telling you to remove anything from your diet. That's stupid.

If you're looking to gain strength and lose fat, I recommend finding out how many calories you need to maintain in a day (use something like the Mifflin St.Jeor equation for that), then subtract 350-500 calories from that. Not more. You're cutting so you'll need more protein than usual, 1.2g per kg of bw will be sufficient. Then lift heavy compound barbell movements in a 1 to 5 rep scheme. Lift heavy ass weight, with very long rest in between sets (3 to 8 minutes).

Gaining strength is mostly a nervous system thing, so mentality, pre-workout, giving yourself adequate rest, and eating carbs prior to your workout is all you'll need.

Any 5x5 program like Icecreamfitness will do.

There's no way he'll be staying within the calorie limit if the stuff I mentioned isn't cut out, or if he does he's going to be hungry lol

Experience