Ranking
Original Post
Too many records?
If this is going to have any value, the records should be more focused and competition like in my honest opinion. Start with a few basic records, then issue a new available record to challenge. Rinse, wash, repeat...

As it is right now, this board is full of fairly useless records that are pretty much pointless. The old records all make sense, but the submit your own record system is too open and haphazard.

Any comments?
Last edited by AaronSasori; May 13, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
I agree.

]I think the forum moderators for this section should think of the new records that people can try and do, they make a thread about it and see who gets the best at what ever it is.
Maybe make a sticky thread that will give suggestions to the moderators for them to make a record. It would cut down on all the senseless records that keep coming in like mods, or other various stupid things.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

"In the end, it is always good,
If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

Total RedDevil Special Cookies Gained: 3
Total Cookies Gained: 1
Agreed. The records are getting too specific.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
If the records are getting too specific then why do you want more to do Patrick? I see what you're saying Dikarika, send me a private message and we can talk.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, I would like to see more go in, but what I am getting at is that to many people post there threads like, " Look at me, I just got over 1 trillion points in blender mod, I should go in the book of records for this," kind of crap. It would be nice to have the mods think of the stuff that would be allowed in the book thats not there already and make a thread about it. We then come in and try and do it. You can also make a sticky giving mods a suggestion for a record to go into the book, and if one is worthy, then you guys can post it. Maybe even reward the person who suggested it first somthing small.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

I agree with patrick, alot of shitty records are appearing becuase the players dont even know what the rules for records are. I think that all records should be posted in events as replay comps by mods or gamekeepers and the winner gets into the BoR. Otheriwse there should be no posting the the BoR subforum
Black Belt
Member of [RWL]
Dont mess with the Crazedman cause... uhh.. hes Crazed
Just to correct you crazed, only moderators of this board or higher would be able to do that. Game keepers don't have anything to do with this board. We don't even have mod power to the events board, or our own gamekeeper board.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

I think that is a bad idea. Even with real world records they allow people to submit whatever record they feel like but they have moderators that say if it is a record or not. I think a better idea would be to have two sub threads. One would be official records that the moderators have approved such as fastest decap. The other sub thread could just be where people submit whatever record they want that still follows the rules and then the moderators would decide if they wanted to move the record into the official record thread or not.
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I think that is a bad idea. Even with real world records they allow people to submit whatever record they feel like but they have moderators that say if it is a record or not. I think a better idea would be to have two sub threads. One would be official records that the moderators have approved such as fastest decap. The other sub thread could just be where people submit whatever record they want that still follows the rules and then the moderators would decide if they wanted to move the record into the official record thread or not.

I see your point here, HOWEVER, due to the large amount of endless and rather pointless submissions, some valid and impressive replays seem to be languishing in a sea of tepid wanna-be's. Also, by placing milestones up to be challenged, we may see more impressive and focused replay attempts. All the major records of note are already taken. By offering focused and obtainable records we can expand into new territory while still retaining a sense of control and balance.

For example, highest sambo.tbm jump is a record I'd like to see. Thereby, while we create restrictions we actual expand the record book. Not by allowing massive amounts of worthless records, by focusing upon those that really matter.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
I understand were Patrick is coming from, and I understand what me and dikarika are coming from. How about we just do both?

Mods think of ones that can be put in and post here as the official thread to beat the record like I have said previoius, and instead of my suggustion sticky, we do what Patrick said and make a new sub forum to handel that instead??

I think it could work out really good as long as there was another moderator to these boards since aaron is the only one really all that active.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown