Toribash
Original Post
Our time here
I often think to myself about my time spent here in this community; the many hours of browsing the forums, losing at twinswords, and hassling my superiors, and sometimes I wonder what it was all worth.

There's no way to truly quantify the worth of time spent in this community, but what is it worth to you? Is this a throwaway site that you won't miss when it's gone? Are the digital friends we've made important to your lives in any way?

Do you think you'll look back someday, when toribash has ceased to exist, servers and all, and regret the time you've spent here?

In my opinion, as my inner reflections have changed in recent months, time is both precious and abundant. People are always saying life is short, but it's the longest thing we'll experience while we're alive... So I think the things we choose to do with our time should at the very least help us to be happy and if possible help us to grow in one way or another.

as such, I don't regret my time here, and I'm not sure if I ever will. While I feel some sadness at the wasted hours doing essentially nothing, physically and even virtually (sitting ingame spectating etc...), I think as a whole my time here has been worthwhile. The community and social aspect has helped me entirely unintentionally during at least 2 hard periods in my life now, and the massive art scene here has certainly fed and improved my own interest and skills with art, even beyond things like textures.
to be honest, I'm regretting the money I've spent, time I've wasted and the effort ive put into trying my best here at the community.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.
thats relateable to a ton of stuff, basically any hobby one proceeds.

i for myself, have spent years upon this game, thousands of hours invested into alot of different stuff, see people come, became friends and then saw them go and never heard from them again.
and i dont regret any second of it. nor any penny i spent on it. it was an enjoyful time and i like to think back at the positive memories i made over the years, the talks i had with people the fun i had ingame. everything.

it is surely possibly to form friendships over the internet, in situations like a tight clan that can quickly happen. it's just sad that its so hard to keep contact for a longer period of time. a same interest as the game helps with that, but it won't ensure it.

in general, if you enjoy what you do here now, the people you interact with its absolutley fine. there is no reason to ever regret it.
although one needs to know when it affects personal life in a negative way, once you spend too much time on it and other stuff falls behind.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
I don't regret it, I have so spent so much money on this game... I haven't been here but only 5 years but I have loved every moment I shared with everyone...(Not TyZi he is mean), well mostly everyone. XD, I have made many friendships, and I have made many mistakes which led to being banned but I always bounced back so I am satisfied, I really am gonna be sad to see this game comepletely die though. The world never got to see an elite belt haha, although we did get to see a The One Belt, xbcz i think is his name.
i don't regret anything i've done on this game except the bans ive gotten.

i have fun dueling, hanging out with the community, betting, tourneys etc.

doubt ill regret it any time soon.
i haven't actually regretted something in Toribash.

I actually had fun playing and playing some tourneys and most especially getting into a clan.
I didn't use to regret my time on this game, until recently when I worked out how much I would have earned on an average salary if I had worked for all the hours I've played the game. Long story short it was almost six figures, and, as much fun as I've had at points on this game, I can't say any time on a game is worth that much.
Last edited by Bless; Mar 28, 2018 at 11:44 PM.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Honestly, im really two sided on this topic, great topic to discuss about too and i've been meaning to make a thread like this. Anyways to sum up my whole career while i've played this game, i've really enjoyed all of it and the fun i had doing it. I made so much friends in this game and to this day im still friends with, and people i still play with also. Only thing i kinda regret about putting so much time into this game is that i've just spent sooo much time focussed onto this game instead of doing other stuff in my spare time, and i spent it playing toribash with people online. Don't get me wrong it was all fun but i don't personally think a game like this is worth spending so much time after a while, i would suggest playing other games with the same friends you have made. That's a sad part too, seeing as you made so much friends in this game and they start to dissapear and stop playing this game and you're the only one left. Just feels like a drag honestly
moved to offtopic, not discussion material.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

To be honest i don't regret a single thing about this game/community. I had a lot of fun playing it in my ''primes'' if i can say so, i had my own achivements reached, i made a lot of friends here and especially one of the guys i spend a lot of time playing games/chatting/having fun etc even tho i've never seen him in person, but i intend to, JookerBB. Been friends for more than 4 years just because of this game and i don't regret meeting him.

Right now even tho i'm not active in the game anymore, i like browsing the forums every day. It is a nice way to entertain my self, help people, again meet new people and more things. I don't regret a single thing about the time spent in this community.