Ranking
Thought about that already. But then they would be drifting too close from Fallout. I'm not sure if Bethesda would want their game to be known as "oh, you mean the medieval fallout vegas?".
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Thought about that already. But then they would be drifting too close from Fallout. I'm not sure if Bethesda would want their game to be known as "oh, you mean the medieval fallout vegas?".

Actually, it's Fallout that took from Oblivion in the first place. Taking the improvements back to where they originated from isn't frowned upon.

Fallout 3, if better than Oblivion, is still Oblivion with guns and VATS. And Oblivion is still medieval FO3 as you said, though.

That said, looking forward to this.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Actually, it's Fallout that took from Oblivion in the first place. Taking the improvements back to where they originated from isn't frowned upon.

Fallout 3, if better than Oblivion, is still Oblivion with guns and VATS. And Oblivion is still medieval FO3 as you said, though.

That said, looking forward to this.

You would think that's how people would treat it, but in reality most people never heard of Elder Scrolls whereas everyone knows Fallout.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by sid View Post
You would think that's how people would treat it, but in reality most people never heard of Elder Scrolls whereas everyone knows Fallout.

In the same way that most people have heard of MW2 yet not as many people know Dues Ex.

It is always the mighty that are obscure, whilst the colourful, bloody and mindless are mainstream.
Interesting.
I think people will be a little bit disappointed. Like with Fallout: New Vegas.
Last edited by Hippybob; Dec 13, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Interesting.
I think people will be a little bit disappointed. Like with Fallout: New Vegas.

Well people enjoyed Oblivion despite it being hugely generic so I think they'll enjoy Skyrim. Also, who was disappointed with NV? It was Fallout 3 without the dozens of game-crashing bugs and glitches.
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Well people enjoyed Oblivion despite it being hugely generic so I think they'll enjoy Skyrim. Also, who was disappointed with NV? It was Fallout 3 without the dozens of game-crashing bugs and glitches.

I didn't enjoy Oblivion as much as Morrowind, or even half as much.

I hope it isn't too complicated, I hope they simplify things, I hope they make the game have a more 'linear difficulty' instead of scaling, I hope they make the world big and varied again as it was in Morrowind.