Toribash
Original Post
[REL] Marshu
Marshu
A boxshu adaptation based on an original work by ynvaser utilizing the wushu rule set

Features/Improvements:
  • Modified point multipliers that favor the neck, head, and torso. Limbs are worth dramatically less points.
  • Narrow corridor with a high ceiling, to make it harder to run with the points as well as to encourage aerial combat
  • 1250 match frames so that players can feel like they have actually finished a fight
  • 600 engage distance to break most of the common openers and encourage improvised moves
  • Walls as a means to confine the play area rather than a dojo that mentally shackles players
  • Walls can be used for launches and comebacks (CBs) which is more novice friendly

On the night of it's release, [5/23/15], we had a server reach 30k decap prize on this mod. Also, SparkyAU was rather fond of it and decided to host a GMTourney with Marshu.tbm; it enjoyed a warm reception and the general consensus was that it was a vast improvement over traditional boxshu or wushu mods.

It is my desire that one day this mod may be used on an official server, or perhaps even as a direct replacement for wushu_2015.tbm on public wushu, which I felt was such a vast letdown due to the restriction it puts on what was once a great freestyle mod.

Edit: Marshu_2015.tbm is more suitable for public servers. See below for changes.

Marshu_2015
A better balanced adaptation for the public wushu server

Features/Improvements:
  • Better balanced point distribution so that getting hit in the head is not quite as unforgiving
  • More focus on center mass of the body for higher scores against the vitals
  • Lower ceiling for better control during aerial combat and to make it harder to get around your opponent, better forcing confrontation
  • Match frames reduced to 1000, optimized for faster queue rotation

Marshu_Mushu
A better balanced adaptation for the public boxshu_wushu_v3 server, as well as for dueling purposes

Features/Improvements:
  • Everything listed above, plus
  • Very closely related to boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm by ynvaser, which has been a proven formula for success
  • The difference is the dimensions which force confrontation better and make for fairer play
  • I don't like mushu, but I made this for the community.
Attached Files
marshu.tbm (7.2 KB, 12 views)
marshu_2015.tbm (8.4 KB, 9 views)
marshu_mushu.tbm (7.5 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by MarstunoM; May 23, 2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: More content
pls replace wushu_2015.tbm with this
---------------------------------------------
not feeling it as much anymore
Last edited by TripFlow; May 25, 2015 at 03:50 AM.
why was this mod so quick to replace public servers?

The lack of space and drastically reduced limb damage puts a restriction on every style that isn't crab including those that counter it. in general this mod just lets you do less. ironic given the statement.
Originally Posted by MarstunoM View Post
perhaps even as a direct replacement for wushu_2015.tbm on public wushu, which I felt was such a vast letdown due to the restriction it puts on what was once a great freestyle mod

Last edited by killer3366; May 24, 2015 at 06:32 PM.
Dot dot dot
Wushu never was a freestyle mod, it's always been a fighting mod, you just made a retarded 2 dimension jousting mod with wushu settings ; that's not even wushu.

Wushu_2015 didn't put any restriction but punishements for playing like a retarded scrub flailing limbs, how was that mod so quick to replace it ? Wushu_2015 had good feedbacks, even some people who didn't like it at first because of the major dojo change changed their minds after a while.

anyway, enjoy your pile of shit.
Lol at this mod, gr8 mod. It's a thinking guys mod.

This sparks the big wushu boom.
Last edited by Hamadawana; May 24, 2015 at 07:50 PM.
Matches take ages now, and nothing that worked in wushu works in this ;_;
Plz make this separate server, plz?
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
I like it a lot more than wushu_2015.

Can't say if troll or if you just turned full scrub for real.
Last edited by deprav; May 24, 2015 at 10:20 PM.
killer3366, I don't quite understand how you came to the conclusion that marshu caters to crab style any more than regular wushu, or wushu_2015. I'm certain it's your bias against me as a player.

The truth is that you have never been able to have this much flexibility with your moves. The walls and ceiling give you another dimension to launch off of and strike your opponent, and also forces you into a confrontation rather than giving you the option to run.

All that being said, this mod is entirely based off of feedback from the community. I didn't make this to cater to a playstyle like Deprav did, I made this as balanced as I could. This is the mod the community chose to replace wushu_2015.tbm

Thanks for your feedback though guys.