Toribash
I remember back in in MoP I got the rare xp elixir drop after killing 2 horde, then I went and ran the instance for the raven mount, like sethekk halls maybe, not too sure, and the spawn also dropped, then the same exact day I ran blackrock mountain and got Ashkandi. I swear I was the luckiest kid on that day, and haven't gotten a drop ever since.....
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
won a big giveaway in my guild yesterday, hopefully this bad boy sells.

Wow that's awesome. How are you liking legion so far? Any goals?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
my goal is to hit rank 1 in something, either my mage,druid, or warrior, seeing there are lots of druid/warriors, I guess i'm going for a r1 mage haha
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
goal? getting up to fucking 810. i seriously get no interesting drops at all. rng hates me.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
goal? getting up to fucking 810. i seriously get no interesting drops at all. rng hates me.

Hahaha i know that feel. I ran 2 dungeons in a row and only got gold lmao
That's weird! I'm brand new to the game and I'm at 826 at the moment. I just woke up, took like, 3 minutes to do a daily, and got 835 bracers for the quest reward. I guess I have dumb luck to make up for my lack of skill.

I'd like to get at least 835 today, I want to be better geared for mythic. Doing Mythic Halls was so freaking hard and I felt like a burden to the group.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Wow that's awesome. How are you liking legion so far? Any goals?

it's great, first expansion that has kept me playing to the same extent that i played bc when it released. i would probably say that i currently like this expansion more than wotlk and cata, but that's only because they didn't keep my attention as much as legion has (i also never played mop or wod really). i'll have a more solid opinion on legion once the final raid has been cleared.

my goals at the start were to hit 110 in the first few days and clear 8/8 mythics in the first week which i did, ended up hitting 844 with 3rd relic slot. now that i've hit 8k rep into honored i'm going to clear 10/10 mythics this week (i've heard the two suramar dungeons are great) and hopefully next week and i'm really really hoping for a legendary on both my mage and my warrior before raids drop. also, my warrior is sitting at 805 so if anyone here is on alliance and wants to do a few heroic walk-ins or even try mythics then let me know or add me on battlenet: Nuoa#1834.
Last edited by Faint; Sep 9, 2016 at 07:23 PM.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
it's great, first expansion that has kept me playing to the same extent that i played bc when it released. i would probably say that i currently like this expansion more than wotlk and cata, but that's only because they didn't keep my attention as much as legion has (i also never played mop or wod really). i'll have a more solid opinion on legion once the final raid has been cleared.

my goals at the start were to hit 110 in the first few days and clear 8/8 mythics in the first week which i did, ended up hitting 844 with 3rd relic slot. now that i've hit 8k rep into honored i'm going to clear 10/10 mythics this week (i've heard the two suramar dungeons are great) and hopefully next week and i'm really really hoping for a legendary on both my mage and my warrior before raids drop. also, my warrior is sitting at 805 so if anyone here is on alliance and wants to do a few heroic walk-ins or even try mythics then let me know or add me on battlenet: Nuoa#1834.

What online resources do you use to know what you should be doing? I found out today my order hall is way behind from sub-optimal decisions.

Since I started 10 days ago so far I've been doing pretty well:

1) Solo'd Zul'Aman to get my Battle Bear ground mount
2) Solo'd Onyxia to get my Onyxian Drake flying mount
3) Hit 836 gear score, finishing 5 unique mythics
4) Transmogged my gear to look not awful
5) Started PvP, level 6 in arena talent
6) Got my leatherworking/skinning to Fel leather level, need the raid to improve

Goals now:
1) Get Ashes phoenix from TK
2) Finish my order hall campaign
3) Try to get luckier rolls, need some 850s, my 3rd relic, etc.
4) Get 8000 rep so I can do the other 2 mythics

So not awful for being brand new. Still playing absolutely awful in PvE
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
rng has nothing to do with you being new or not. i'm not saying you're doing bad or are bad. you've been on it, yeah, which is good. but your ilvl (many others alike) is based on drops, which is based on rng. it has nothing with skill to do, but more like how much time you spend on it.
i've been on it, but i'm 804. i'm seriously considering not doing pve/pvp for a while, because i got no fucking drops. ran some dungs. gotten like one or two drops, with one being a 3rd artifact slot item, so i can't use it anyways until i'm done with the campaign, which i'm keeping up with.
world drops you say? yeah, i usually do the one's where 810/815 items drop, but they don't show up often.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
What online resources do you use to know what you should be doing? I found out today my order hall is way behind from sub-optimal decisions.

Since I started 10 days ago so far I've been doing pretty well:

1) Solo'd Zul'Aman to get my Battle Bear ground mount
2) Solo'd Onyxia to get my Onyxian Drake flying mount
3) Hit 836 gear score, finishing 5 unique mythics
4) Transmogged my gear to look not awful
5) Started PvP, level 6 in arena talent
6) Got my leatherworking/skinning to Fel leather level, need the raid to improve

Goals now:
1) Get Ashes phoenix from TK
2) Finish my order hall campaign
3) Try to get luckier rolls, need some 850s, my 3rd relic, etc.
4) Get 8000 rep so I can do the other 2 mythics

So not awful for being brand new. Still playing absolutely awful in PvE

lucky lucky with that onyxian drake drop, congrats! definitely doing fine, but if i were in your shoes i would be pursuing an active raiding guild who wants to run mythics/raids when they drop who can help you figure out how to play optimally and position correctly. i'd advise looking for a guild that requires an application or one that has people that have cleared mythic raids in wod, etc. most of the trade-chat or spam invite guilds are shit and i wouldn't bother. my guild has 13 teams (10 are mythic, 3 are geared towards putting you in a mythic team), and it's been great playing with them and finding groups when there are ~1000 members on at a time between 4 guilds using greenwall (addon that lets you see all 4 guild chats/achieves, etc.). my mage is sitting at 845 now and i've cleared the two rep-based suramar dungeons which were really cool. looking to hopefully get a legendary before raids (please god give me the bracers) and i'll probably be close to 850. anyway, 1k from revered with nightfallen, hoping to get halfway or so to exalted before raids.

also, i use this spreadsheet, pretty helpful.

Originally Posted by Hours View Post
rng has nothing to do with you being new or not. i'm not saying you're doing bad or are bad. you've been on it, yeah, which is good. but your ilvl (many others alike) is based on drops, which is based on rng. it has nothing with skill to do, but more like how much time you spend on it.
i've been on it, but i'm 804. i'm seriously considering not doing pve/pvp for a while, because i got no fucking drops. ran some dungs. gotten like one or two drops, with one being a 3rd artifact slot item, so i can't use it anyways until i'm done with the campaign, which i'm keeping up with.
world drops you say? yeah, i usually do the one's where 810/815 items drop, but they don't show up often.

yeah i'm sorry, but 804 after nearly 2 weeks of constant play at 110? literally just not possible unless you're not running more than 2 or 3 dungeons a week and haven't been doing any world quests and haven't been doing your class hall stuff. there are too many options to get past 810 to queue heroics that it's not even reasonable that you'd be below it unless you have like 5 hours of playtime at 110. assuming you've been at 110 since the first few days you should have/nearly have your 3rd relic slot which will shoot you up a ton of ilvls. i can understand if you just recently hit 110 this week or something, but my alt is 822, and i've done around 10 heroics on him, wqs, and some class hall stuff. i leveled him to 110 just recently and have 13 hours of playtime at 110. based on rng alone you should technically be getting at least one drop per dungeon, and you should be running different dungeons to get different drops. if you can't queue heroics look for a group in the custom group finder or find a guild who won't mind taking you into heroics/mythics like i suggested to bod. my mage isn't 845 because i'm 'lucky', after 18 mythic dungeons (no one did court or arcway first week) it's just normal that i'm going to have mythics in nearly every slot. if anything i'm a bit lucky that i have some 850 gear and a few pre-raid BiS items, but it's natural that i am sitting at what i am. i shot from 790 to 830+ in the span of one or two days just running heroics and mythics when i hit 815-820. seriously, find or apply for a guild, it's extremely helpful.
Last edited by Faint; Sep 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM.