Ranking
pff, as if they couldn't see this coming. Remember that Danish cartoonist that almost got murdered a year (iirc) or so ago? (EDIT: oh he was mentioned in that last vid, which I didn't watch when I made this post :V)

I couldn't care less for these people (but they're still people, so no, I'm not saying they should be killed) to be honest, they mock everything and it's not really all that weird that someone goes 'fuck you, this is the last time you've messed with us'
Also, most people in this thread are doing a good job failing to look at something from another perspective. They're called extremists for a reason. And most of you aren't getting the point, it's not as much a problem of those people themselves being ashamed, in which case they could just turn off the tv like you people seem to think for the most part. The problem is, that these devs think they have the right to mock everything, and there's some people that don't like being mocked (as you can see).

also lol devs are challenging them.
Last edited by Mapleleaf; Apr 23, 2010 at 11:38 PM.
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
The problem is, that these devs think they have the right to mock everything, and there's some people that don't like being mocked (as you can see).

Well then, maybe those people should get the hell out of a country that values freedom of speech and expression, and move to an oppressive theocracy of their choice.

I myself was born in a country completely intolerant to criticism or mockery of it's institutions (USSR), so i would know.

Originally Posted by Chac View Post
The guy who stabbed her "friend" theo van gogh (his name was Mohammed B.) is a psychopath, he's been sentenced to life which is very rare in holland, making him a unique case. Right now you're acting like old ladies blaming murderous tendencies on videogames, it's not religion that drove him to it, it was just a little stepladder. you have to have a few screws loose in the first place

Fair enough, but let's be honest: he is far from being the only psychopath motivated by this "religious righteousness". From rioters against Danish cartoonists, to these guys - there are enough people responsible for making western image of Islam what it is.
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 24, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
What I found really disturbing was in the interview.
One of the SP creators said, "We are not going to make jokes about Catholicism because they won't hurt us, and not make jokes about Islam because they will hurt us."

And Comedy Central and whoever are bleeping everything out and not letting them show Muhammed, so what does this say to other religions? Go threaten people and we won't be made fun of anymore. Just pathetic. And Muslim extremists can post that stuff on the internet, but SP can't post a freaking picture of Muhammed?
The extremists are winning. We are scared of them.
the "extremists" have ALWAYS been winning, civilization was built OUT OF fear OF them. to protect us from the extremists. by fearing them and protecting ourselves from them, they win.

By bowing down to them, they win.

the only solution can be found by leveling with and tolerating each other, learning what our differences are, why they are, and accepting them, regardless of weather or not we agree with them.

stupid people rule the world. never forget it or think otherwise.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Oh wow, hirsi ali is probably the worst person they could get to ask questions to about this subject. she´s on par with Geert Wilders on muslim xenophobia & hate

aaaaanywayyy, i watch a lot of southpark/family guy, and they make fun of everything

like, everything

wiccans, emos, gingers, christians, muslims, politicians, etc

I'm a muslim myself, just brush it off as a joke like everyone else should, southpark is deliberately politically incorrect

yep, pretty much this
the fact that these extremists take jokes this seriously could be danerous ,but i wouldn't be worried if i was the southpark guys
bring back wibbles
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
While I'm against religion in general, a religion that commands it's followers to terrorize others is extra wrong.

I'm not sure that Islam commands it's followers to 'terrorize' others. It preaches many of the same things as Christianity, but it's the extremist leaders who are the ones that command people to blow things up etc.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Well, I would be worried, if I was the SP guys.
But I wouldn't "bow down" to them.
I'd be like, "Sure, I am scared of you guys, but you aren't going to push me around." and include a Muhammed character in each episode.
Best of Wishes to the SP guys.
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
I'm not sure that Islam commands it's followers to 'terrorize' others. It preaches many of the same things as Christianity, but it's the extremist leaders who are the ones that command people to blow things up etc.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there are versions of the Qur’an that preach that, it's been a subject that the earlier mentioned Geert Wilders likes to use in his favor.

But, like explained by that muslim man in the last video, it doesn't at all have to mean blowing things up, or killing anyone for that matter.
actually, it doesn't say in the quran anywhere that we have to terrorize d00ds, but there are different versions, and there is probably an extremist version around.

when you go to the mosque you have to listen to the imam preach first for like.. an hour. never in those many hours i've spent (begrudgingly) listening to these imams have they ever mentioned terrorizing "non-believers". in fact, most of the imams (they switch a lot) endorse tolerance & friendship

so shut the fuck up warcry, you giant bucket of cocks

That and the muslims that terrorize others THINK that they are doing this for God, but they are just doing it for themselves because they believe that they are the higher religion and they think anyone other than muslims should be wiped off the face of this earth, that is doing the exact opposite of what the Quran teaches. If they can't take a joke then they should just ignore it, taking it too far will result to more problems, and to the people who think some Muslims are the only people that terrorize, then they're too blind to realise anything that's happening in this world.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.
actually, it doesn't say in the quran anywhere that we have to terrorize d00ds, but there are different versions, and there is probably an extremist version around.

when you go to the mosque you have to listen to the imam preach first for like.. an hour. never in those many hours i've spent (begrudgingly) listening to these imams have they ever mentioned terrorizing "non-believers". in fact, most of the imams (they switch a lot) endorse tolerance & friendship

so shut the fuck up warcry, you giant bucket of cocks

Aren't there like, three different versions of the Qu'ran?