ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
I don't understand. Opinion doesn't really have a factor in this, it's been done.

ya me too u it seems like it has no sense....
If you think about it were are still far away. As said in first post the patiant almost lost there life. There is also a law that states that the research must be stopped do to the distruction of embryos.http://www.icr.org/article/ten-probl...-cell-research The link show the problems with stem cell research.
Originally Posted by gixx View Post
If you think about it were are still far away. As said in first post the patiant almost lost there life. There is also a law that states that the research must be stopped do to the distruction of embryos.http://www.icr.org/article/ten-probl...-cell-research The link show the problems with stem cell research.

You're right, we should just abandon all of this heathen "medicine" and pray instead. We can burn the heretics while singing, it'll be fun!
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
You're right, we should just abandon all of this heathen &quot;medicine&quot; and pray instead. We can burn the heretics while singing, it'll be fun!

I do not understand? I never said we should abandon it. I just said there is a lot of time till we have it perfected and useable.Also, If aids is cured the condom buisness will crash becuase there would be no need for condoms if the disease can be cured.
Originally Posted by gixx View Post
I do not understand? I never said we should abandon it. I just said there is a lot of time till we have it perfected and useable.Also, If aids is cured the condom buisness will crash becuase there would be no need for condoms if the disease can be cured.

Except for not to get a female pregnant or to block the other thousands of STDs...not to mention, some people have problems with using stem cell transplant, and HIV phenotype(I guess you would say) is not always shown. So this cure could potentially eradicate, but more likely just help out those, who go in for treatmant.
Last edited by Meatacle; Dec 15, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
I am a terrible person :(
Well he was cured but it was a leap of faith. Let's say the entire population had HIV. Everybody went under this "cure." Then there only be about 2billion people on this planet left. I technically don't call this a cure.
Fr3styL
OLDA
Originally Posted by Drakeh View Post
Well he was cured but it was a leap of faith. Let's say the entire population had HIV. Everybody went under this "cure." Then there only be about 2billion people on this planet left. I technically don't call this a cure.

At least we would not be overpopulated any more.
Last edited by Oli; Dec 15, 2010 at 11:36 PM.
bring back wibbles
For real, that makes me very happy. I never known an HIV person, but, i'm sure that in 4 or 5 years the medicine or treatment will be already in use.

I just hope that's true.
Originally Posted by iCoelho View Post
For real, that makes me very happy. I never known an HIV person, but, i'm sure that in 4 or 5 years the medicine or treatment will be already in use.

I just hope that's true.

Medicines are aready in use, but they cannot cure it, simply keep it liveable. I think 4 or 5 years is very optimisic, but I think this method will be safer in the fture. I just hope it wil be safe enough.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Originally Posted by Meamme0 View Post
Medicines are aready in use, but they cannot cure it, simply keep it liveable. I think 4 or 5 years is very optimisic, but I think this method will be safer in the fture. I just hope it wil be safe enough.

The problem that makes it unsafe, is it requires a restart of the immune system, making you prone to sickness.