Toribash
Original Post
[REL]Move Rater!
Well, with (a lot) of help from Blam, I have made my first lua script! =D

Essentially all it does is comment on either your injuries or damage delt to your opponent. For example, If you take on 1000 to 5000 damage points, it will say "Just a Flesh Wound." This script can be very entertaining on multiplayer, especially if its an instagib mod!

Updated again! Please redownload for new features!

EDIT: Move Rater 0.4 released! I fixed the reset problem, so now the colors go away at match's beginning. I also made it so that "Uke" turns yellow if he damages "Tori" when he has power mode or a higher score. Enjoy!

EDIT: Move Rater 0.3.5 released! Same as before, except there are a few secret buttons now! ^_^ 1 and /

EDIT: Move Rater 0.3 released! Using Nuyashaki's Glowing Joints script, I have made it so that when you get a "Nice Hit!", you glow green! ^_^ Have fun taking cool screenshots! EDIT: Minor glitch with this. It's supposed to reset the green each round, but instead, it assigns the winner (Tori) with them. Oh well, good way to know whose who I guess.

EDIT: Move Rater 0.2 released!

Halfway decent screenshots to give you an idea of the glowing and comments.

More Pictures...
Attached Files
moverater.lua (19.1 KB, 320 views)
Last edited by SrgtCorn; Jul 12, 2008 at 06:33 PM.
[CBK]
Make some cool special effects if you get over 50k in one frame
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Make some cool special effects if you get over 50k in one frame

...I shall try!

EDIT: I didn't get it to happen in one frame or anything, but I did add a cool effect if you get a "Nice Hit!"
Last edited by SrgtCorn; Jul 10, 2008 at 03:51 AM.
[CBK]
I have discovered a minor glitch, when you go into an instagib mod and LOTS of damage happens very quickly, it can short out and post many different comments at one time, causing lag. USE CAUTION!

Also, info on how to make a certain message appear only once would be useful for 0.4.
[CBK]
that's weird... it's not working. i clicked on the script in the scripts subfolder ingame, and it even came up with the little "Description" in red letters, but id doesn't comment on my injuries. :c Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Never mind, i fixed it.
Originally Posted by SrgtCorn View Post
I have discovered a minor glitch, when you go into an instagib mod and LOTS of damage happens very quickly, it can short out and post many different comments at one time, causing lag. USE CAUTION!

Also, info on how to make a certain message appear only once would be useful for 0.4.

Alternatively, you could set the script up so that it can only display a message every n seconds. I'm sure that's possible in LUA; must be.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
Alternatively, you could set the script up so that it can only display a message every n seconds. I'm sure that's possible in LUA; must be.

yes that is possible, and its Lua not LUA. :P
:D
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post

So somehow we'd have to link that with when someone gets a "Nice Hit!" and activates "Power Mode". Speaking of which, do you guys like the green glow, even though it kinda gets glitchy?
[CBK]
Not bad at all i enjoyed it but when u watch the replay the Green glowing balls stay in their spot lol xD
Robert A. Heinlein: "Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny."