Ranking
Original Post
[REL] chji_tb.lua, more than a movesaver
inspired by SL7549's movesaver and using functions made by suomynona and lapsus.

repeat: uses functions by suomynona and lapsus, thanks for that

adds mirror, undo, random and pause keys to toribash too.

edit:

all updated, has now some buttons to select moves and slots.
left-ctrl and one of the numbered buttons to save a move.

working on numpad keys 0-9, key 10 is numpad-[,] and key 11 numpad-[/]
l-ctrl and numpad 0-9,[,] or [/] to save a move
+/- switches slots
m mirrors joint setup left/right
n makes joints random
ctrl-z restores previous joint setup
pause puts you in/out of spec mode
Last edited by Chuji; Mar 20, 2009 at 06:09 PM.
:■ :♥ :ß :¹ :↓ :► :· :°
Those functions were just made as a proof that it is that simple to put every joint into one number. Thanks for putting me in the credits though. Doubles are also statistically capable of holding that, yay!
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
make a gui for it
:D
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Those functions were just made as a proof that it is that simple to put every joint into one number. Thanks for putting me in the credits though. Doubles are also statistically capable of holding that, yay!

I think we can all agree that the replay format for joint states is basically terrible, but I don't know how much I like using a large int, either.

If you really want to optimize, you can store all the joint states in 40 bits/5 bytes, or 42 bits, if you include grip info. Using a double is 8 bytes on a 32 bit system. Neither representation is particularly easy to read, so you might as well go with the smaller one.

I personally like character strings, with one character per joint/hand grip, since they're easy to work with and semi-readable. i.e. I can easily identify relax all and hold all and stuff. NewbLuck also ended up with a representation that was almost identical to mine independently. Character strings are also more flexible.

My old code I use for this sort of thing is here:
http://toribash.mydistraction.net/DSequence.lua

Instead of just 1-4 states, my library has special characters that represent an inverse (i.e. if the right shoulder is being raised, and you apply the sequence, the right shoulder is lowered), and no change.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
This script fails. It uses numpad, which laptops do NOT have. Im sure at least 1/3 of the community has a laptop, which means at least 1/3 of the community CANT use this. It would be cool if you could copy/paste the keyboard number controls from SL7549's movesaver.lua in to yours, so there are two versions, so laptops can use them to ;)
Rawrawrawr, Ima Psy >:U
Shop | Replays
Originally Posted by Dafe View Post
snip

i used this for easy save file formatting, lines as auto index, one variable.
most simple way to do it.
i would like you guys discuss your favorite way of dataformatting elsewhere.

Originally Posted by psyfon View Post
This script fails. It uses numpad, which laptops do NOT have. Im sure at least 1/3 of the community has a laptop, which means at least 1/3 of the community CANT use this. It would be cool if you could copy/paste the keyboard number controls from SL7549's movesaver.lua in to yours, so there are two versions, so laptops can use them to ;)

not this scripts fault you use no real computer, i dont care.
and which keys should i use, smartass?
some f-keys are not rebindable anymore ...
yeah, would even be cool sl7549 wouldnt have decided to be an asshat and get banned, so he could improve his script himself, eh?
which is the only reason i started with my saver.
sl7549 way of saving stuff sucked, too. thanks.
Last edited by Chuji; Feb 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM.
:■ :♥ :ß :¹ :↓ :► :· :°
Just trying to help. There's code there to mirror moves without having to commit them to joints first, among other things, in case you wanted to expand the script or something in the future.

Not having to overwrite all of the joints and using inverses is nice, too. Personally, I'd love a shortcut key that made like:
left-rotate chest, extend left pecs, contract right pecs -> right-rotate chest, contract left pecs, extend right pecs
and vice versa.

But whatever. I'm out of this thread.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."