Ranking
Re: What makes a pro
Originally Posted by deerslayer
The pros are the top 2% of the ranking.

That'd be the first 153 or something similar ;P and that ELO ranking is nuts, idiotic if you ask me ;P
You can practically get better ranking by just losing to the best and winning over those similar to your own rank.

However you can lose rank when winning battles against newbies if you're up against them.
It also ups your rank the more you play, even i you had massive win/lose ratio with around 50 matches, (3 and above) a 1.14 win/lose ratio can be alot ahead of you if he has alot of matches played.
It's just bad, really bad.

That, and the ranking is somewhere in 1.96 version ;P
What what? In the butt.
Top 2% of 730 is around 14. If you are a pro you are there. Pros win a lot and they play a lot.
then in that case, pros have no life and spend so much time playing a single game, they win a lot.

pr0s, however, think in 1337sp34k, are cool, agree with me (foxie) and have arguments with admins like veb without being nuked off the forum.

Originally Posted by Foxie

That'd be the first 153 or something similar

more like 15 or so :P
its .02 not .2 X # of users :P
That's what happens when you write messages when you haven't had your daily coffee, mathemathical skillz go wild.
What what? In the butt.
Originally Posted by deerslayer
Top 2% of 730 is around 14. If you are a pro you are there. Pros win a lot and they play a lot.

i'm sure there are more than 14 pro's, anyway why are we desscusing this it's a kind of subjective topic, anyone better than you is a pro when ur a new player, and that dusn't change fast.

The teachings say: "Those who wait achive nothing. True power may only be obtained thrugh hardship, suffering and victory over them."
(get off ur asses and fight that's how ur gona get better)
Originally Posted by Gnarf
Pros have pouches like kangaroos.

kangaroos pounce?
i thought panthers pounced
(ironic i come from a school where the insignia is a panter ;))
Originally Posted by Foxie
Originally Posted by Tonjevic
Pro's can spell.

I find that very very ironic.

Why? There is a whole bit of word missed out in the middle. Professional. Hence, pro's.