people playing: 121, servers online: 39, games played: 135,925,115 Top Player: Shmevin

  Toribash Community » Toribash » News » Blog News
Register FAQ General Rules Community
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2013   #1
ToriBot
Toribash Forums Bot
 
One Belt
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 43,869



What's up with trials?!?!
What’s up Toribashians?!? So lately, as most of you already know, there has been an activity drop in the GM Trials. (GM = Gamemaster for people that are new to the forum) So a lot of us tend to ask questions such as: “Why are they still Trials? Why aren’t they just booted?” Well, today [...]

More...
ToriBot is offline  
Old May 8, 2013   #2
Jak
 
Titanium Belt
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,479
Clan: duck



I'll be trying to do a blog once or twice a week for you guys;) Always feel free to leave feedback and ideas. Rawr! Have a wonderful day, next blog should be good. *Cough* That shmev*cough*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Jak is offline  
Old May 9, 2013   #3
kball
Raconteur
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,400



Originally Posted by Beta View Post
I'll be trying to do a blog once or twice a week for you guys;) Always feel free to leave feedback and ideas. Rawr! Have a wonderful day, next blog should be good. *Cough* That shmev*cough*

I hope that means you are going to interview shmev since hes new to staff.
[TA][Clan][bncy][eVo][Fish]
Team Wushu Tier 5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

kball is offline  
Old May 9, 2013   #4
Jak
 
Titanium Belt
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,479
Clan: duck



Lol, you said going... No I'm not going to, nice try though. Anyways, any thoughts on this blog post guys? About GM Trials being inactive and such? We post blogs for reasons .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Jak is offline  
Old May 9, 2013   #5
kball
Raconteur
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,400



O well i have a question.

So there isnt a limit on how long you can be a trial? I don't think i saw that anywhere,
[TA][Clan][bncy][eVo][Fish]
Team Wushu Tier 5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

kball is offline  
Old May 9, 2013   #6
Fenris
Graphic Designer
 
6th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,909



I like the blog, and the interviews, quite interesting really.

I have nothing against some of the trials being inactive, it's really easy to understand their
situation. Shouldn't be a problem if they leave a message saying they're inactive, as long as
they do a good job when they're actually active. Of course, if they first applied for GM they
should be aware of the fact that they have to priority Toribash more, as they've got authority and responsibility. Like... You don't apply for GM right before you go on a one-month trip without connection...
Fenris is offline  
Old May 10, 2013   #7
teague19
Chatterbox
 
Erths Belt
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,477



As soon as I saw this title I knew i was gonna be mentioned in this blog, anyway im a college student this is summer Ill get it done, as long as i was making progress it should be fine.
teague19 is offline  
Old May 11, 2013   #8
Wolfe
Elitist
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,262



I personally didn't like this blog at all. Not all GM's "hate" their job. Some of then actually take the job seriously and enjoy doing it. Even for a joke, that was still unnecessary. New players reading this might not catch the joke and then they have just picked up a bad perception about the primary in-game staff crew.

Overall, not terrible, but I think you should reread some of what you type and think about it before deciding to post it.
Wolfe is offline  
Old May 11, 2013   #9
Fenris
Graphic Designer
 
6th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,909



Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
I personally didn't like this blog at all. Not all GM's "hate" their job. Some of then actually take the job seriously and enjoy doing it. Even for a joke, that was still unnecessary. New players reading this might not catch the joke and then they have just picked up a bad perception about the primary in-game staff crew.

Overall, not terrible, but I think you should reread some of what you type and think about it before deciding to post it.

Hmm...

I can't say that I agree. Saying that you don't like the blog because he joked about he Gm's hating their job doesn't really make sense.
I'd say it's pretty obvious that they don't hate it, like if they did, why would they have applied for it in the first place?

Besides, if a lot of people change their perspective because one persons thoughts/opinion, I'd call them stupid.
Fenris is offline  
Old May 11, 2013   #10
Wolfe
Elitist
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,262



Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Hmm...

I can't say that I agree. Saying that you don't like the blog because he joked about he Gm's hating their job doesn't really make sense.
I'd say it's pretty obvious that they don't hate it, like if they did, why would they have applied for it in the first place?

Besides, if a lot of people change their perspective because one persons thoughts/opinion, I'd call them stupid.

I didn't ask you to agree with me. I was pointing out how this blog post could have been worded better in hinting at that last part being a joke. Someone who has never talked or seen a GM before would likely assume that the staff for in-game is lazy and only applied for the position as a means of being power-hungry. Either way, I'm not looking for a debate about it. My opinion is mine and your opinion is your's.
Wolfe is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game