Toribash
Is it me or is the new update not working?
Master of the arcane arts
I made an mlg-ish swag type dota video thing was wondering if you could check it out

Last edited by ultimation; Sep 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM.
Art Shop! [TA]<3 [TGO]<3 [r]<3
Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
I made an mlg-ish swag type dota video thing was wondering if you could check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmXqxITS8Sk

not if you spam that shit all over my face
I just started playing dota 2 and I've watched some videos to help me out... Can anyone else give me a few tips?
- play a shitton, find out which role you are most comfortable in (offlane, mid, carry, support, although supports aren't really seen alot in newbie games) but please, do not play the difficult heroes (invoker, meepo, earth spirit etc.)
- use the mute button. helps a lot, especially later on.
- after you get the feel of each hero's skillset and role, try to watch some professional games. they're fun to watch and the commentators could give some insight into the game, too.
- play with friends, voice chat highly recommended. helps cheer you up whenever your team is losing
- have fun, don't play to win. you won't be angry often (aside from the occasional feeder)
realised over the weekend that FactionTD is basically TTW, mod still needs work, but i was pretty excited.

Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
- play with friends, voice chat highly recommended. helps cheer you up whenever your team is losing

only do this if you dont want friends or you/your friends are very tolerant.
my friend group dropped 2 members when the skill gap between members became significant.

watch some of purges coaching vids. he's recently put some vids up for 1k MMR and 2k MMR users, which helped me remember a few things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-ooJqCI9E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg1OPbJL28

maybe see if you can dig up some uploads of the beginner streams from TI5.

mostly just know your role and know your hero.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
I just started playing dota 2 and I've watched some videos to help me out... Can anyone else give me a few tips?

I played with him, he had 25+ death and like 1 kill. I had to carry the top lane and our team, glad we won XD.
Was fun tho but meh
GOD
Originally Posted by Virus View Post

-Play bot matches to learn new heroes and build orders.

-If you're playing support, buy one ward if you're in off lane (the long one) or a courier if you're in hard lane (the short one). Mid should always be solo.

-Try starting with a strength hero, they can take a lot of damage so you're a little safer if you make a mistake.

-Intelligence heroes are fun, but I'd argue that they have a higher skill cap average than the other two categories.

-For the love of god, listen to your team. If they tell you to get out of a lane or grab something, they aren't being mean, they're usually just giving advice (it isn't always great).

-If you're enjoying side lanes, memorize what's in the side shop so you don't end up risking the courier's life.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Sep 30, 2015 at 12:37 AM.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
realised over the weekend that FactionTD is basically TTW, mod still needs work, but i was pretty excited.

loved TTW alot back when people played it in WC3, will try to pick it up soon
Got noob teams in my last 2 games. I hate my dota life lol.
Id like to play party with someone here. Pm me pls pls pls
GOD