Ranking
the lower the numbers, the less the quality
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
no he means when you make one in 512x512 and resise it when you dont have 512 head texture it wil be blurry the 512x512 is better bcuz you have no blurr and you dont have to resise to 128x128
uf you resize 128x128 to 512x512 in gimp you aren't losing quality
but it's only in gimp and photoshop
same at other way

but in pait you will loseover 25% quality in one resizing
This is meaningless nonsense, please stop speculating over quality lost during resizing unless your going to back up what you are saying with knowledge of the algorithm being used and mathematical proof, because otherwise it's vacuous and silly to continue.

This thread is about what size you sell and advertise it at, and if you sell it at 512x512 then it has 16 times more area than 128x128, which can be thought of a detail. In either case it makes lines sharper as within the same surface area of the tori's head (4*pi*r^2) your are putting a larger area texture. This however does mean you need the 512x512 texture item.
Last edited by Vox; Jul 2, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
When i make textures...
I use 1(height)::1/2(width) and then i make half of the texture.
After that,i resize the canvas width to 1 and anchor the half i made to the side,copy,make a new layer and paste,then i just flip the layer and merge it down.

So with the sizes i use 128 height and 64 width to start,make half of the texture,then resize the canvas width to 128 and anchor it to the side,copy it,make a new layer,and then paste and flip the layer,and merge it down. That is the way i make my textures

Will that ruin textures if i uploaded them?
Last edited by nathankj; Jul 8, 2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Missed something
if you make a texture at a resolution (say the 128x64 you make it at, then mirrored to make 128x128) then upload it at the same resolution then it's fine, however if you make a 128x128 head texture, and use it with the 512x512 texture item, it will be distorted.
Last edited by Vox; Jul 8, 2010 at 10:00 PM.
No, you get better quality in 512x512.
What the threads saying is that if you make a head in 512x512 and upload it to a 128x128 head texture item the quality will drop.