Kendrick Lamar
16 Votes / 44.44%
I dont like either
6 Votes / 16.67%
I dont like rap
10 Votes / 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

When Kendrick Lamar raps, people can relate to it (Keisha Song) or (. I haven't listened much to q, but his song get annoying and repetitive. The only reason I listen to Collard Greens is because of Kendrick Lamar's verse.

Also I am just going to end this debate, skip to kendrick's verse. 2: 30

Last edited by Devil; May 14, 2014 at 06:50 AM.

You can relate to being raped by a police officer and being killed by the same officer?
Or you can relate to your sister possibly being in that same predicament?

Artists don't attempt to relate to you all the time, especially in that song. It is meant to give perspective. Hence, I am concluding that you are either someone who went through a lot in his life, or are an idiot.

Ok.
Originally Posted by Zinx View Post
You can relate to being raped by a police officer and being killed by the same officer?
Or you can relate to your sister possibly being in that same predicament?

Artists don't attempt to relate to you all the time, especially in that song. It is meant to give perspective. Hence, I am concluding that you are either someone who went through a lot in his life, or are an idiot.

Ok.

I meant to say that his songs touch a lot of people because he raps about certain events that actually exist in real life and makes you think about it. I guess I will let you call me an idiot since I worded it wrong.

I think you's all need to study hiphop a little more, dig a little deeper go underground, listen to some new rappers, broaden your horizons and this discussion would be over.

Kendricks verse in control is dope, besides that iv'e heard some of his stuff and he makes a lot of girly music, gay ass beats, shit flow, lame lyrics. He's a fake.. he's not better than half the rappers he called out, he was on a power trip it ended, who the hell is schoolboy Q? thats a lamer name than vanilla ice... And i just want to say we we're all cool with gay rights before macklemoore exploited it
Bruh why is Wiz Khalifa not in this poll other than that, I like both, people might be more in to Q right now cause he's relatively new to the mainstream rap game, so his songs sound more fresh to rap fans. Kendrick tells more of a story in his songs. Having more smooth beats, and a variety of chill to ranting songs. All in all I don't think you can compare them at this stage. Both have released only one widely famous album (kendrick: good kid mad city. and Q with oxymoron). Its hard to compare people off of one album i guess.
good kid maad city is one of the best concept hip hop albums of all time. it's already a classic a year after its release. Kendrick has roughly 12 different techniques, he can change up his flow on a dime. He has good, meaningful lyrics and messages in his songs. I have more respect for Kendrick by far, but I still love schoolboy Q. He has some geeked lyrics, he's a hilarious rapper. I don't take him as seriously as I take Kendrick.

Originally Posted by Schoolboy Q
"Faded, faded, faded, right? / Shot glass super size, she gon' get some dick tonight / Meet me at the W, and no it's not the west side / Stick it up ya south side, icky icky icky icky"

I don't like comparing music because in order to rank them, I'd have to be able to rate them using one common scale. I can't do that because I love different musicians for very different reasons.
bananananananananaananananananannanaa delicious
yeah I agree with you ape. I guess i'm a bit more in to ScHoolboy Q right now since i'm uncovering his old stuff he did before oxymoron. There both in top dog enterprises together so I bet there will be some sick Q x kendrick collabs coming up this year.