Toribash
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
That was just a terrible tactical move on my part, or a miss-click. It's not really a flaw in noobclap's defense in any way.

The flaws i meant are some of the particularly nasty rush moves which hit very low. They are not common, but they're out there D:

Then extend glutes in he first turn? I dunno, I don't really play online and certainly not wushu, but extending glutes on top of clap might work. If you know what's coming that is.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Originally Posted by Meamme0 View Post
Then extend glutes in he first turn? I dunno, I don't really play online and certainly not wushu, but extending glutes on top of clap might work. If you know what's coming that is.

Not really,low rush moves come too fast so he will be too close to him and most of the times he can't do anything.

I know how to avoid stuff in theory, but there are some openers out there which are very hard to counter with clap because they get in and under you right off the bat, making your extended hands defense useless. At that point major damage is unavoidable, you just have to try and make sure they lose instead of you.

And still, there is no move out there which can possibly put noobclap in a position of certain dismemberment, for example. You can always win when you do it
Last edited by Odlov; Jan 4, 2010 at 10:18 PM.
But if you'd know someone who does them, you could deflect them like this right? Just the opener ofc. If I'm not allowed to post this then please tell me and I'll remove it.
Attached Files
Like this.rpl (27.5 KB, 32 views)
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
But if you'd know someone who does them, you could deflect them like this right? Just the opener ofc. If I'm not allowed to post this then please tell me and I'll remove it.

That's.....not really a noob clap :|
At any rate, no need to offer me tactical solutions here. Doubt there are some viable ones that i didn't think of before :P (comes with being 37th dan etc)

Anyway, first replay is how your 'average' wushu match in an 'average' server goes. Is that what you like Kickass? :P
Attached Files
boring_wushu_cliche_shit.rpl (57.6 KB, 34 views)
n00bclap6.rpl (43.4 KB, 24 views)
half_clap_lol.rpl (65.0 KB, 22 views)
sigh.rpl (51.7 KB, 24 views)
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
I used to play like that too.....Everyone knows that lol.

I got bored with dancing in wushu. It just didn't entertain me anymore.
Sooo....i started trying to win by applying minimal effort...it's like a game within a game. It amuses me when people go out of their way to fire some elaborate strike, only for it to be completely nullified by several well-placed joint movements of my tori.

Ugh xD there have been at least a few times when you have gotten me like that. I end up flailing around in front of you and you just sorta kick or some shit. It's funny that what is generally considered to be the most technical and difficult game mode in terms of movement over force still has clapping as its vulnerability.

And, for the record, it pisses me off something laughable when people other than you/other highly experienced players do this. Not only do they not know how to follow through on it, usually losing since they dont know where to go after the first two turns, but the fact that they are newer and havent spent a long time learning how to do well without it is annoying...I used to have a replay of me decapping someone who did it, but I cant find it now :/
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Please don't bump really old threads guys, come on.
I'll close this to stop this happening any more.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.